Traditional dining - linked reservation

_1stTimer

My family booked 2 cabins and linked the reservations. Both cabins are set for 5pm traditional dining on the Cruise Summary doc. Do they automatically put linked reservations at the same table?

Also, how long should we plan for embarkation to take so we know if we should eat lunch prior to or wait and eat an included meal on the ship? We arrive at 1pm.

Thanks!

16 hours ago, _1stTimer said:

My family booked 2 cabins and linked the reservations. Both cabins are set for 5pm traditional dining on the Cruise Summary doc. Do they automatically put linked reservations at the same table?

Also, how long should we plan for embarkation to take so we know if we should eat lunch prior to or wait and eat an included meal on the ship? We arrive at 1pm.

Thanks!

Hi @_1stTimer!  Yes, you can wait until you board and confirm on the app and change tables if necessary at the podiums at the entrance to the MDR. Also, when you receive your SeaPass cards, the table number is printed on the card.

However, if you have the time, you can call Royal and ask them to confirm that your linked reservations will be seated together. Last week, while making another inquiry, the customer service rep asked me out of the blue if I would be dining with any other parties and what size table we would require (we all have 5:30 traditional dining, party of six in total). I confirmed that we have 3 reservations linked and provided the reservation numbers. I confirmed that we wanted to be seated with them, but they explained each party needs to contact Royal separately to confirm their wishes for MDR seating. Both of the other parties we're traveling with have since called Royal to confirm and now we're linked together (fingers crossed) in their system. It's just one less thing to potentially deal with once you board and it's also nice to have the correct table number printed on your SeaPass card.

Have an amazing time on your cruise! 🚢