Gold member sailing with Diamond member....

kittysoul

Hi my cruising expert friends!   I have a question about a cruise i just booked through the website last night for my aunt and myself.   She is a Diamond member and I am only Gold, but since she is older and not very much into computers, making calls and all of that, I am taking care of all of that for us.  She normally cruises with my cousin, who is also Diamond and who usually does all of the footwork.   Anyway, today I watched one of Matt's videos where he said that each level up after Gold, a C& A member gets a better and better discount on a balcony room.   When I originally did the booking online, i did not enter either of our C&A numbers because it would not let me.  I had figured that I would just call and add them.  Now I am thinking, she should get a decent discount on the balcony room i reserved.  As it is currently, I am the primary on the reservation.  I guess my question is, will they let us change it around so that she is the primary and we can get a better discount, or will they make us cancel it and redo it under her name?  I tried to call them but the recording said they were now closed.  

10 minutes ago, kittysoul said:

So basically, it might not even make that much of a difference either way?

try doing a ghost booking now with her information as the primary -- see if it changes the price for you at all when you input her diamond C&A number.

typically you will yield the best discount when booking a balcony or above category -- i have done this too with mine discount (diamond) or when booking for my parents' (diamond plus) and it usually winds up skewing more in their favor the higher category we go.