My time dining not starting until 6:45 PM

bobm174

Booked with my wife on "Navigator The  Seas" but not until August of next year.... We chose my time dining since we really would like not to sit with a big group of people and understand that's more likely if you choose seated dining.

We are disappointed it doesn't start until 6:45 PM.  I understand that was due to covid and they had to make some changes.  We've already booked 6:45 times for  the whole cruise.  Is there any chance that they're going to move it to an earlier time with the next year and if so would they notify me?

• 2 months later...

We did early seating (5:30) on Navigator in October. Most of the time, we were exiting dinner at around 7:00, and the My Time Dining lines were crazy long (back to the elevators!). If it's because of the 6:45 start time for it, that makes sense. I've read of others on here putting in a request for early seating/late seating - maybe that's a possibility for you? And if it's just the two of you traveling together, there's a good chance you'd get a table for 2 anyway, NOT put with a larger group.

On 10/7/2022 at 2:01 PM, bobm174 said:

Booked with my wife on "Navigator The  Seas" but not until August of next year.... We chose my time dining since we really would like not to sit with a big group of people and understand that's more likely if you choose seated dining.

We are disappointed it doesn't start until 6:45 PM.  I understand that was due to covid and they had to make some changes.  We've already booked 6:45 times for  the whole cruise.  Is there any chance that they're going to move it to an earlier time with the next year and if so would they notify me?

You can change to the traditional dining time and ask to be seated with just your family. I did this exact thing, called and changed from MTD to the 5:30 dining and they actually asked if we wanted to join others or be seated alone at our table.