kids club

There are a limited number of phones or pagers, but they aren't routinely given out unless there's a need. In an emergency, if suspect they'd call the cabin and then page the parents over the PA system. You can also check in on the kids at any time. I've done this with my son and he was always having a good time and didn't want to go.

I asked this same question on my last cruise.  The AO staff told me in the event of an emergency, they can call the cabin, check the system for sea pass card activity to send someone to find us, and last resort would be a page over the PA.  The lady told me it rarely happens and they almost always can handle the situation without needing to get a parent.  I do not recall hearing a page for a parent once on the entire cruise, and my kids never had any issues.

On Disney they give every parent a pager, and all your kid has to do is tell them they want you and the staff pages you.  This is good and bad.  On Disney we got paged many times and some of those times when we arrived our kids had changed their mind and didn't want to leave.  So it can be annoying.  

The usual course of action is to call the room and leave a message.

If you anticipate a problem (maybe it's your child's first time, or they are just being odd that day) you can ask for a pager/phone.  They are limited in supply, but they can arrange that.  

Parents who put kids in the nursery automatically get a pager/phone.  

On both the Liberty of the Seas and the Oasis of the Seas, I was told by AO staff that the rule is 3 and under the parents must get a phone if one is available. Once the kids are 4 and up its at the discretion of the staff and/or parents. e.g. if the staff has had issues with the kids in the past then they might insist the parents take one. FWIW, it seemed like the Oasis has a lot more phones. The only reason I asked is I have twin boys who tend to bicker over pointless things (literally one argument was if it was sunny or cloudy outside that day) and one decides that they MUST tell mommy or daddy and so they would cry for one of us. The AO staff would call us and ask us to come and every single time by the time I got there whatever the spat was over was long forgotten. I tried to insist I didn't need or want a phone but my boys were weeks away from 4 and I had to have it.

A bit off topic but I am trying to plan a family cruise this February, I have a 5 year old grandson who has dravet syndrome which means he is prone to have seizures. He can go months or just a few days without have any siezures. My daughter is not wanting to take him with us because of this and have him go to his dads for the week while we are on the cruise.. I don't want to exclude him from the vacation with all of the family. My question is if we bring him along would he be allowed to go to the kids club and would the medical staff be able to assit if he were to have a seizure while on board the ship?

Thank in advance for any replies.

A bit off topic but I am trying to plan a family cruise this February, I have a 5 year old grandson who has dravet syndrome which means he is prone to have seizures. He can go months or just a few days without have any siezures. My daughter is not wanting to take him with us because of this and have him go to his dads for the week while we are on the cruise.. I don't want to exclude him from the vacation with all of the family. My question is if we bring him along would he be allowed to go to the kids club and would the medical staff be able to assit if he were to have a seizure while on board the ship?

Thank in advance for any replies.

I don't know the answer, but it never hurts to ask about it.  It is absolutely important to tell the staff upfront about the condition and they can tell you if he will be able to participate or not.  

Make sure you inform Royal beforehand, they have a medical needs form, and indicate the condition on the form when you enroll him in the clubs. Some cruise lines require a medical release from a doctor; however, I don't know if Royal is one of those lines.