My Time Dining / Option to Dine Earlier

Batman71

We opted for MTD. I just looked at the cruise planner and the earliest reservation time is 6:45. I just spoke with RC and was told that if we stay on MTD but want to dine earlier than 6:45 on a given night, we could walk up and wait in line. In other words, we could not make a reservation for an earlier time. Is that correct?

If we change from MTD to the 5:15 seating and decide on a given night that we want to eat later, can we make a reservation for a later time? Or, is our only option to walk up and wait in line?

I do believe it's either one or the other. If you can't make it at 5:15 each day, I also believe (and seen it posted in previous threads) you could possibly show up about 15 minutes late, but it's nice to let them know beforehand somehow. And of course there's always Windjammer, not to mention the other free dining places on board. 

7 hours ago, Batman71 said:

We opted for MTD. I just looked at the cruise planner and the earliest reservation time is 6:45. I just spoke with RC and was told that if we stay on MTD but want to dine earlier than 6:45 on a given night, we could walk up and wait in line. In other words, we could not make a reservation for an earlier time. Is that correct?

If we change from MTD to the 5:15 seating and decide on a given night that we want to eat later, can we make a reservation for a later time? Or, is our only option to walk up and wait in line?

@Batman71 MTD does not officially start until that 6:45 time, realize that this year, MTD has been taking place usually in the lowest deck dining room, AFTER the first Traditional dining time on that deck (ie approx 5:30 early seating).  On the ships I have been on this year, about 15 to 30 minutes after the start of early traditional seating they have started to try to seat MTD at the empty available tables, and they continue to seat as traditional dining ends and tables are cleared and re-set (this is just my observation). 

My experiences tell me that because of the later than pre-Covid start time now and not having a dedicated dinning room for MTD, the lines begin to build due join to those that normally would have wanted to do MTD between the 5:30 and 6:45 joining those that want to dine at 6:45-7:00 causing this larger que.

To the OP's 2nd paragraph, you either have early traditional or MTD.  There is no option to mix and match during a cruise. You have one or the other. 

So NO if you change from MTD to 5:15 seating and decide on a given night that we want to eat later, You CANNOT make a reservation for a later time NOR walk up and wait in line for MTD.