Booking another cruise while on your current cruise..is it really a good deal?

Hi everyone,

I’ve been on many cruises and always see that they offer incentives to book your next cruise while still on your current cruise. I’ve never done so. We actually have some unused future cruise credit going into this cruise that needs to be used by 8/2023 .  I thought maybe  this would finally be the cruise where I booked my next while still on my current one.

The question is, for those of you have done it, do you really get any better deal booking while you’re still sailing then if you were just to do it on your own at another time. Are there any helpful hints I should know or deals to be aware of ?

THIA

Booking a cruise onboard the ship is the same price as if you were home, but there are two advantages you get:

1. Extra onboard credit
  2. Reduced deposit

My advice is don't wait to book a cruise until you get onboard. Waiting could end up with a higher price, thus offsetting the extra OBC you get.

The ideal situation for booking onboard is while on your cruise you are compelled to book another sailing at the moment. Then yes, it's a good idea to book onboard rather than waiting until you get home.

13 hours ago, CALFROM said:

We actually have some unused future cruise credit going into this cruise that needs to be used by 8/2023 .  

I believe FCC’s no longer expire.  This was a topic discussed on the forum several months ago.  If I am incorrect, someone will let me know. 🤪😉