Food to Go?

FManke

After reading many different threads, about food on board, I have a couple of questions.  Is food available "to go" from most food outlets and is there anywhere on board that is considered "off limits" to eat? Does anybody have a "secret" place they like to eat?

After reading many different threads, about food on board, I have a couple of questions.  Is food available "to go" from most food outlets and is there anywhere on board that is considered "off limits" to eat? Does anybody have a "secret" place they like to eat?

Off limits? Definitely the ships's bridge, engine room and life boats. If any one tells you their "secret" place to eat...it won't be secret anymore.

You can pretty much get food to go just about anywhere if you ask, and even someone's if you don't. At 150 Central Park, the waiter sent some donuts with him back to the cabin so he'd have some for later or the next morning. When eating alone in the main dining room, we have asked for an entree for my son so he can have it after the kids club and they've always brought it to us with dessert with a cover on it to take with us. I've even been able to order dessert to go.

You can take food from any complimentary restaurant and eat it anywhere else.  So feel free to take a plate full of food from Windjammer, Cafe Promenade, Park Cafe, etc and take it back to your room, back to your pool chair or wherever.

At pay restaurants, I've had good success too, provided you ask.  These restaurants regularly offer (and even advertise the option to some extent) take out food

• Johnny Rockets (especially on Quantum class ships)
  • Izumi
  • Sabor (definitely on Freedom of the Seas or Oasis class ships)

Like so many things on RC, no harm in asking.