Cape liberty cruise port

I would think it’s open as soon as soon as the ship starts to let passengers off since ride shares and Taxis would have to pick up. I had the misfortune of leaving my laptop on the ship after getting back from Cruise out of Cape Liberty. I got all the way to the airport before figuring it out, Ubered back, found some orange vest men to help me find a manager, and got it back fairly quickly. But in that time frame (probably around 10 am) the buildings were not open, and it was quite chaotic.

Cape Liberty is unique in that there is no line to wait in.

there is a man with a megaphone calling passengers by arrival time as well as the “special guests” (special suites ,pinnacle, key) and another who checks the seapass card to make sure you aren’t attempting to get in early. 

I can’t comment as to when the terminal opens since I’ve hardly ever arrived too early for my scheduled arrival time. -typically the first group.

there have been times where the ship was not accepting passengers due to having to pull out of port to let a large barge out, then pull back in.  For that they have processed as many passengers as will fit in the terminal seating area set up just for this and then the rest wait outside.  Even entering the ship from the seating is done row by row, it’s a well run machine. 

parking is a different ballgame.  We’ve waited in line in our cars -after dropping off luggage, for them to open the secured outdoor parking.  A 9:30 arrival to drop off luggage for  a 10:00am check in time and there was a wait for the parking lot to open for entry.

We sailed out of Cape Liberty this month and we pulled into the area to drop off our bags around 945am, there was some wait for parking as they were sorting by size into lots but we went straight into the terminal after parking. We had a 1030 check in time, but we were through security, checked in and waiting to board by 1030. 

On 7/23/2022 at 10:09 AM, Pattycruise said:

Cape Liberty is unique in that there is no line to wait in.

there is a man with a megaphone calling passengers by arrival time as well as the “special guests” (special suites ,pinnacle, key) and another who checks the seapass card to make sure you aren’t attempting to get in early. 

I've heard of long lines at Cape Liberty these days just to get in... and the people with megaphones telling people when to enter the port. I assume that means you just show up early and stand around outside waiting for your check in time to be called?