cruise planner purchases in relation to date of cruise

csrsue

We have a cruise booked for December 5, 2022.  If -- and I know it's an "if" and if it's an actual sale or not - RC has their Black Friday sale as in the past and there are good deals on the Internet and drink package, et cetera, is that enough time for us to book that?    It's about ten days before our cruise.  I just am not sure how far in advance they cut off the ability to purchase and then you have to do it onboard.  

Thanks!

23 minutes ago, csrsue said:

We have a cruise booked for December 5, 2022.  If -- and I know it's an "if" and if it's an actual sale or not - RC has their Black Friday sale as in the past and there are good deals on the Internet and drink package, et cetera, is that enough time for us to book that?    It's about ten days before our cruise.  I just am not sure how far in advance they cut off the ability to purchase and then you have to do it onboard.  

Thanks!

I believe it's 2 days before. I can no longer buy things for my Friday cruise but pretty sure I could yesterday.

35 minutes ago, csrsue said:

Thanks!

There will definitely be other sales before Black Friday. Don't wait till Black Friday if you see a price you like because there is no guarantee that you will get a better price on BF. I got my best prices for my cruise in May during last year's Columbus Day sale. Everything I bought then was more expensive during the BF sale.

That said, if you do subsequently see a cheaper price, you can cancel and rebook with no penalty.

Thanks, FionaMG.  Yes, I definitely always keep an eye on the sales and check the cruise planner all the time.  I just wasn't sure when the cutoff for purchasing happens.    I was able to score a pretty good sales months ago for our upcoming cruise in August.  Hoping we're as lucky for the December cruise.  

The cruise planner actually closes about 3 days before you sail. So that will be the last time to buy or get refunds. Internet and drink packages don't sell out so you can buy at any price and continue to reprice until then. Excursion and dining packages do sell out. In that case it is better to call and get a reprice, because if you cancel in cruise planner, someone else can swoop in and purchase.