First Alaska Cruise and senior

I want to take a 7 day cruise to Alaska and not certain which one is the best.   I'm a fairly active senior traveling solo so looking to walk around Alaska and see sights.   When is the best time to go when it's cold enough for winter jacket but not freezing?   Any suggestions on activities to do off ship.    Love watching your streams.   Thank you.

Sherry

No cruise will be when it’s that cold. The last cruises for the year stop in September. The best times to go are in May or September due to less crowds, but some excursions may not be going at the very beginning or end of the tourist season. In all honesty, it’s going to be hard to not have a good time. Don’t overthink it and book when it works best for you.

I sailed in Alaska over July 4 in 2019.  It was a heat wave there, and there were wildfires (I don’t think either is normal for them). We did the 3 day land tour prior to the cruise  then the cruise.  I highly recommend it.  There were excursions on the land tour-Denali early morning tour was great.  

radiance of the seas

Day 1board

day 2 Hubbard glacier 

Day 3 Juneau-Alaska museum and salmon bake-my young adults did helicopter tour to glacier 

Day 4 Skagway-gold panning, sled dogs and 40 below-this was a multigenerational excursion for our family

day 5 Icy Straight-whale watching& seafood fest 
Day 6 Ketchikan -rainforest canoe and  trail hike

My husband and I are "seniors" and we did an Alaska cruise in late September.  Weather was cool, mostly grey skies, and lots of rain.  A good variety of excursions to book, we did three of them   While we enjoyed the cruise very much, we didn't feel like we really got to see much of Alaska.  still very glad we did this cruise, but plan to return to Alaska on our own and do a "land vacation" in late Spring of next year.