Alaska in 2018

CoJoRo

I'm new to this blog & forum (in fact I'm planning my first Royal Caribbean cruise), but I have been reading posts and listening to podcasts almost non-stop! You guys are all amazing!

I am planning an Alaskan cruise for my family, my parents and my sister's family for ideally May 2018. I will no doubt bother the geoup with lots of questions, but first...

When can I expect the itineraries for the 2018 cruises to be posted?

Thanks in advance!!

Nice! I've been following the current group cruise but didn't realize y'all were planning an Alaskan one!

Mind if I ask if there is a discount since it is a group? But really, the fun is in the party! 🙂

There's usually not a discount; you end up paying the she as through Royal. However, there are a lot of perks that are thrown in.

There's a blog group cruise to Alaska ?

What date and ship ?

There will be. The date won't be determined until next month when bookings open. It will likely be a Seattle roundtrip, which would mean Explorer unless they change up deployments drastically.

June is the targeted month. I'm guessing early June since prices increase as we get later into June.

Thanks, Kris. Eagerly awaiting !

As am I. My kid "graduates" 5th grade mid June, so it's a 50/50 chance that I'll be able to make it depending on which sailing is booked. My anniversary is around then (and my wife doesn't want to go on the group cruise), so that could be a problem. In addition, we're looking at a cruise to Japan at the end of June, so a lot of things are going to need to align for me to make this one.

I'm considering the Harmony in September, but I'm tied of the standard Caribbean itineraries, which we're also doing in December on the Seaside right after she arrives in Miami.

Such first world problems . . .

Only that it was coming and it was also mentioned during a Scope, so I figured it was fair game. The Insiders will still get advanced notice of the actual date.

Yes sir. Just messin' with ya. Alaska was not on our list until 2019, but a good chance that is now going to move up one year. I mentioned it to Mrs. Wilson and I created a disturbance in the force. LoL