Sofa Bed

We have been on many cruises, but this is the first time we will be using the sofa bed. 

Are they really comfortable? We are going on a 9 night and I don't want to anyone to be miserable because of lack of a good night sleep. 

I know this is crazy but I was thinking of picking up a inexpensive foam topper or a blow up mattress. 

Any suggestions?

I stayed on a sofa bed in a 2br suite on Allure. It was a bit too soft for my liking and the way they make it into a bed leaves a small impression. So, one side was a little firmer while the other was soft. You can ask for a topper, but you might be at the mercy of capacity.......i.e., they might run out if the ship is full.

I stayed on Oasis  in May and found the regular bed too hard for my back  they were able to find a mattress topper for me, I was in heaven.  (See photo-thicker item)  on Oasis  these past 2 weeks and I was told no such item existed, I even had the loyalty ambassador inquire.  Instead they added a second mattress pad, which didn’t help much. My second week, different cabin/stateroom attendant and he was able to add comforters along with the 2 mattress  pads which made it a lot more comfortable.  Long story short, either bring what you feel you might need or keep asking for something to improve the situation if you find yourself uncomfortable. 

D3493190-A6E7-494C-9676-CEF84AF02E0E.png

My 9 y/o likes them, but I’m not sure my older back would. Like others said you can get pads/toppers from the stewards, but I have seen many people brining their own things on board. If you can fit it in your luggage, I would think that would be one of those items that fall in the category of better to have, and not need vs need, and not have.