Excursions with young(er) kids - Cozumel and Costa Maya

nemrac917

We're doing our first family cruise next January, and being a planner, I'm looking into everything I can ahead of time.  This will be my 5th and hubby's 3rd cruise, but the first for our kids, who will be 10, 7 (almost 8), and 3 (almost 4).  

I was thinking doing something with the ruins at Costa Maya, since Tulum might be a bit too much for them at Cozumel.

For Cozumel, would it be easy for us to get a taxi to one of the beach clubs with there being 5 of us, including kids?

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/17/2022 at 12:11 AM, nemrac917 said:

For Cozumel, would it be easy for us to get a taxi to one of the beach clubs with there being 5 of us, including kids?

I would suggest Paradise Beach in Cozumel. You pay a small fee per person (was $3 the last time I visited) and then they expect you to spend a $10 minimum on food/drinks. They have a beach and pool and the kids always seem to have a good time. You can add pay extra for access to the inflatable water park if the older kids would want to participate in that.  You should be able to get a taxi easily from the port..prices will be posted. Paradise Beach will have taxis there waiting to take you back.

• 3 weeks later...

We haven't gone yet, but my kids are about the same age as yours and we are doing the ruins in Maya and the Chocolate and Bee tour in Cozumel.  I didn't want to go too beach heavy since we live in Florida and vacation at the beach including a month later we will be at the beach.  So if you don't have access to beaches easily beach may make more sense to you.

On 6/29/2022 at 10:31 AM, AshleyDillo said:

I would suggest Paradise Beach in Cozumel. You pay a small fee per person (was $3 the last time I visited) and then they expect you to spend a $10 minimum on food/drinks. They have a beach and pool and the kids always seem to have a good time. You can add pay extra for access to the inflatable water park if the older kids would want to participate in that.  You should be able to get a taxi easily from the port..prices will be posted. Paradise Beach will have taxis there waiting to take you back.

I second Paradise Beach. This is a good family beach day. I’ve done it many times with my younger children and it’s always been great.