Disembarkment times on Oasis from Miami

• chrisdc77 changed the title to Disembarkment times on Oasis from Miami

It's 45 minutes with no traffic from Port of Miami to FLL.

You can expect with everything going right and on schedule for disembarkation to start around 7am for self debarkation. 

Could it work out? Yes.

Is there a good chance you'll miss the flight? Yes.  

Even a 9am flight out of MIA would be pushing it.

12 minutes ago, AshleyDillo said:

It's 45 minutes with no traffic from Port of Miami to FLL.

You can expect with everything going right and on schedule for disembarkation to start around 7am for self debarkation. 

Could it work out? Yes.

Is there a good chance you'll miss the flight? Yes.  

Even a 9am flight out of MIA would be pushing it.

Thanks Ashley. I thought disembarkation might have started at 6 am. 7 am will be pushing it to get on a 9 am flight. Looks like I better search for other flights. 

28 minutes ago, chrisdc77 said:

Thanks Ashley. I thought disembarkation might have started at 6 am. 7 am will be pushing it to get on a 9 am flight. Looks like I better search for other flights. 

The 6am time you may see on the itinerary usually reflects their estimated port arrival time. They usually get their way before that time but the ship has to clear for disembarking and get all the infrastructure set up to offload the crates of luggage and the port terminal effectively has to open up to process the debarking passengers.  Any delays in any piece of this process can result in passengers being held on the ship for longer. 

I personally wouldn't go for anything before 11am out of FLL, but after noon is even better.

So a 12:35 is doable?  My daughter, travel companion extraordinaire and our personal Uber, had decided she can’t make this trip. (Do you think she’s trying to tell me something??). So now instead of the only semi-awful non-stop fares to & from MCO, I have to get the God-awful 1 stop ones to/from Ft Lauderdale.  I’ve paid less for 3 RT than that 12:35 is for 1 person 1 way.  I want to go on this cruise less and less.

@PoochWhere are you flying from?

I am sailing out of Port Everglades for Odyssey this year, and from Chicago to FLL they have some decent price nonstops but they aren't "ideal" times. I thought about flying into MIA but the logistics of getting 6 people and their luggage to FLL, then the port and all that again on the way back was too much. My travel companions refuse to do MCO, so I only sail out of PC alone.

Hartford CT.  No non-stops either way for FLL or MIA & the Miami flights are terrible both in schedule and price.  MCO is so much easier for us.  Now I wish I hadn’t booked out of Miami.  This was just to take advantage of the double points to get to Diamond quicker.

13 minutes ago, Pooch said:

Hartford CT.  No non-stops either way for FLL or MIA & the Miami flights are terrible both in schedule and price.  MCO is so much easier for us.  Now I wish I hadn’t booked out of Miami.  This was just to take advantage of the double points to get to Diamond quicker.

Wow that sucks, I hate connecting flights and avoid them unless it is international. FLL times from ORD were bad and the prices weren't great either, so I get what you mean. MCO is the cheapest flight and often has the best times; but the cost of transportation to the port and hassle of the airport, makes it less than ideal for a group of travelers. 

I travel through MCO several times a year & find it very easy to navigate.  I guess it’s what you are used to.  It’s also only 2 1/2 hrs non stop.  FLL will be more like 5-6 🙄. I would much prefer sailing out if PC or Tampa.  But I needed an 8 day to reach Diamond.