Pre-cruise departure COVID checks

Hi, was holding out for Royal Caribbean to drop the pre-cruise COVID testing, but doesn’t seem to be happening – we’re flying from Gatwick to Orlando International on 17th July, spending a week at Quality Inn on International Drive, before travelling to Port Canaveral 24th July to board Harmony of the Seas for a week – so need to book 4 of us in for COVID-19 PCR or Antigen tests – waiting on our travel agent and RC to come back with some guidance, but in the meantime grateful for some advice on where to get these done, preferably Fri 22nd July somewhere close to I-Drive, thanks in advance 😊 Rob and family.

If you're renting a car, find a Walgreens (huge pharmacy chain) near your hotel. You can book rapid NAAT tests a week ahead online. No insurance needed, no cost.

I mention the car because the tests are given via the drive-thru.

The time slots are 15 minutes apart but if you book 4 slots in a row and drive up, they should let you take them one right after another. You will receive the results via e-mail within 2 hours.

Enjoy I-Drive! Great for tourists... less great for locals but we do enjoy some of the restaurants there.

12 minutes ago, OCSC Mike said:

If you're renting a car, find a Walgreens (huge pharmacy chain) near your hotel. You can book rapid NAAT tests a week ahead online. No insurance needed, no cost.

I mention the car because the tests are given via the drive-thru.

The time slots are 15 minutes apart but if you book 4 slots in a row and drive up, they should let you take them one right after another. You will receive the results via e-mail within 2 hours.

Enjoy I-Drive! Great for tourists... less great for locals but we do enjoy some of the restaurants there.

be aware not all Walgreens offer the rapid antigen or the NAAT (rapid PCR)

9 minutes ago, Pattycruise said:

be aware not all Walgreens offer the rapid antigen or the NAAT (rapid PCR)

Most Walgreens in Florida offer the NAAT, so they should be fine provided they have means to go through a drive through.  It's the antigen that's super rare to be found at Walgreens here 🙂

2 hours ago, AshleyDillo said:

Most Walgreens in Florida offer the NAAT, so they should be fine provided they have means to go through a drive through.  It's the antigen that's super rare to be found at Walgreens here 🙂

Yeah, this. I’m not driving all the way to I-Drive (not that it’s super far) but I literally have 5 Walgreens within 15 minutes of my house that all offer NAAT tests.

12 hours ago, Rob Type said:

Hi, was holding out for Royal Caribbean to drop the pre-cruise COVID testing, but doesn’t seem to be happening – we’re flying from Gatwick to Orlando International on 17th July, spending a week at Quality Inn on International Drive, before travelling to Port Canaveral 24th July to board Harmony of the Seas for a week – so need to book 4 of us in for COVID-19 PCR or Antigen tests – waiting on our travel agent and RC to come back with some guidance, but in the meantime grateful for some advice on where to get these done, preferably Fri 22nd July somewhere close to I-Drive, thanks in advance 😊 Rob and family.

If you are in Florida a full week, could you order a proctored test from the hotel at arrival and use it?  You'd be in the US, and delivery is normally just a few days.  Just a thought.