Day Pass Curacao - Mariott vs Sunscape

CrimsonCruiser

Hello all!

I'm heading out on a cruise in August and looking to try a resort day pass for the first time ever but I'm stuck between my two options: Sunscape vs Mariott at Curaco.

I was wondering if anyone has stayed at one or either of these resorts and can offer feedback, opinion, advice.

My dilemma primarily comes because Sunscape doesn't include transportation but has unlimited food and drinks at all open restaurants while Mariott includes transport but only has a $65 food/drink voucher at one restaurant.

Also - souvenir shopping at curacao? We did a quick stroll up the little market before the bridge last year (then caught a local taxi for a ride around) but it was small and full of mass-produced stuff. I much prefer things that at least look handmade and clothes.

50 minutes ago, KristiZ said:

Ha! Sorry, I didn't feel like I could chime in, as I've only been to the Marriott there and not the other resort. For what it's worth, we had a lovely time at the Marriott!

No worries! I am looking for feedback on either or both of the places and even just general suggestions on what other cruisers would prioritize. I'm flip-flopping like a dying fish over here! 🤣

21 minutes ago, Neesa said:

@CrimsonCruiser we were there last week but just did the RCCL trolley tour. I can tell you, STAY AWAY from that tour. We passed the Marriott and it looked really nice. 

There is shopping you can walk to! Have fun 🙂

O.O

what uh...what's so bad about the trolley

First it was so disorganized we all wandered around looking for the meet up, no direction or signage. Then they picked you up in taxi vans and placed us like sardines and I mean 10-12 in a van type situation splitting up families for example they put my daughter in the van and told me to wait for the next one. 

Hard no!

Then they drove you to the trolley in town and while open air they tried to do 5 people per seat, it was disgusting and uncomfortable. We drove in circles looking at sadly abandoned buildings surrounded by barbed wire. 

RCCL needs to dress like a tourist and vet this one, it's not ready yet.

1 hour ago, Neesa said:

Yes, I felt like cattle. I felt like they were maximizing $$$ and could really care less about the experience. 

I'm sorry you had to put up with that.

I hope you mentioned it to someone (guest services, shore excursions, in the survey) afterward.

Once, my mom had a poor time on an excursion and she just kinda sighed and said it is what it is. We happened to be at guest services talking about something else on a different sailing and that excursion came up and the staff there (which happened to include the manager by complete chance) said we should tell someone on the ship because that's the only way they know if there are issues and if they need to pull their partnership.

So now, even though we don't like complaining, we make sure to mention things if they're bad.

@CrimsonCruiserSuch an easy fix for sure, first off advise everyone the trolley is in town and allow an option of us to get there on our own. We truly could have walked to where it was because of the walking bridge. We went on the horrific taxi ride of hell for 20 minutes because the vehicles had to go around to get to the same spot. Also there were just to many people for the space. Maybe the train can hold X amount at 5'6 110lbs each BUT we are tall & I am wider then the average bear (booboo)and honestly I needed a shoe horn to squish in where they tried to put me, it was not size inclusive. I am size 14 & I felt like a whale, first time I felt like I embarrassed my family. Then they were sad for me, it was all around such a mess of things that could have been so easily fixed with transparency. Just say we can only accommodate xyz and then I would have done something different. I felt like it was an arrogant money grab for sure.