Protocol for Greek/Adriatic Cruise & Air Connections in London

I was debating on whether to add on to a existing post about protocols for cruises starting in Italy but my cruise plans are a little different.

We are booked on Rhapsody July 24 going from Athens to Raveena.  We also have Air2Sea flights that require us to make connections in London.

Sooo, what are the protocols for cruises beginning in Athens and ending in Italy?  Also, do we need to do anything special to make a connection in London.

BTW, we have the eMed tests and plan on taking them in Athens (we plan on arriving 2 days early) and I was told by the eMed folks that as long as we have an internet connection (and our hotel in Athens does), we can do the tests there.  We will also take the the non-proctored government supplied tests before we even board our flights to Athens.

Thanks!

Makes sense to have a separate thread since the circumstances are different.

My guess is that Royal haven't finalised their protocols for this particular scenario. There's still nothing under Athens in the getting ready to sail page and the one-way in Europe protocols refer only to Spain, so presumably are currently only directed at Voyager's upcoming repo from Barcelona to Copenhagen. You should receive an email when the protocols post but you can just keep checking back on the website too.

For your connection in London, the UK is currently operating on a "pre-pandemic status" which means there are no covid protocols in operation at all. Also, if your connecting flights means you will be staying airside you effectively won't even be entering the UK, so you should be good to go on that one. You don't which London airport you're arriving at but I'm guessing it's most likely to be Heathrow, which has several terminals. You can find out how to transfer between terminals (if necessary) here: https://www.heathrow.com/at-the-airport/airport-maps/travel-between-terminals

I agree it's definitely a good idea to do an informal test before you leave the States.

https://travel.gov.gr/#/

Full info here, looks as though test is needed for entry to greece 

Travellers arriving from Australia, Canada and the United States of America are permitted to enter Greece under the condition that they display one of the following:

a) Vaccination certificate (for those who have completed vaccination for COVID-19 at least fourteen (14) days before arrival) valid for 9 months after the completion of the basic vaccination and without time limit for travellers who have received the booster dose. The vaccination certificate must include the full name of the traveller as registered in the passport, the type of vaccine given, the number of doses and inoculation dates, or

b) Proof of recovery from SARS-CoV-2 infection, issued 14 days after the day of the first positive COVID-19 test (PCR or Rapid Antigen test) and valid for 180 days thereafter, or

c) Negative molecular test for COVID-19 (PCR) performed up to 72 hours before the scheduled arrival, or negative Rapid Antigen test performed up to 24 hours before the scheduled arrival.

11 minutes ago, Ray said:

https://travel.gov.gr/#/

Full info here, looks as though test is needed for entry to greece 

That website states:

"From 15 March 2022 onwards, travellers visiting Greece are no longer required to fill out the Passenger Locator Form (PLF).

However, a simplified PLF remains in operation, the completion of which is OPTIONAL, for the sole purpose of enabling the traveller / family to issue an EU Certificate of negative or positive COVID-19 test result. "

So, if I read this correctly, it optional and not required.