Covid testing or proof of having covid?

Im in a bit of dilemma. I am sailing on Oasis out of Bayonne May 1.  I am fully vaccinated plus I have had covid (omicron)    I have read the requirements  on FAQ's on Royal's site, and have even emailed them to help me with a final answer. So here's the question:  Can I simply show proof of my lab test printed and dated to board without a  letter/certificate of recovery?   If I need that letter, then I would have to find a clinic and pay for that letter. Or am I better to just pay for a antigen test?    The costs would be similar, there are no freebees here in Toronto Canada.   

• Censored changed the title to Covid testing or proof of having covid?

Friend of mine is in this dilemma also - he’s worried he will test positive  still from Omicron.   Pretty sure he won’t.   I suggested he get the letter - either way you’re spending money to get tested.   At least this way there’s no stress about a false positive at sail date.  

Toooooo many variables.  But, I'd just bite the bullet and take a pre-cruise test, for whatever it costs and just take it.  I'd also, because you can come up positive for 90 days post COVID infection, have a nose solution (saline or other) and do a good nose wash pre test.  Don't know if it works but a healthcare professional told me about that trick or ahhhh I mean, ahhhh ummm method to insure a negative result, post COVID.  No, I'm not trying to circumvent the testing system and provide a false positive.  But, the system isn't perfect, not at all.