Mariner Ice Rink?

joshvc

We sail on Mariner on Saturday, and the last couple sailings (including one departing today) are showing no ice shows and no skating sessions at all. The app still hasn't loaded activities for this weekend's trip. Has anyone seen anything (or been out on Mariner recently) about what's going on with Studio B?

For that matter, have the shows & open sessions been happening on other ships lately? We were on Explorer at Christmas, and it was virtually impossible to get a chance to skate- you had to line up more than 30 minutes before distribution to get a chance because of limited capacity, which disappointed a lot of guests. Could they have just suspended them entirely, or is something wrong with Mariner's rink?

I would love to know this as well. I sail on Mariner in the end of April. I can see Studio B on the Royal App. I was also able to look at the most recent Cruise Compass from Mariner and see that they did have shows listed. Royal’s website says the ice rink costs extra money. Can someone confirm how much extra per person? Is the cost for the show or the free skate or both?

On 3/22/2022 at 10:52 AM, joshvc said:

We sail on Mariner on Saturday, and the last couple sailings (including one departing today) are showing no ice shows and no skating sessions at all. The app still hasn't loaded activities for this weekend's trip. Has anyone seen anything (or been out on Mariner recently) about what's going on with Studio B?

For that matter, have the shows & open sessions been happening on other ships lately? We were on Explorer at Christmas, and it was virtually impossible to get a chance to skate- you had to line up more than 30 minutes before distribution to get a chance because of limited capacity, which disappointed a lot of guests. Could they have just suspended them entirely, or is something wrong with Mariner's rink?

Shows and many activities will not appear in the app until you are onboard.

44 minutes ago, Colombia20102018 said:

Shows and many activities will not appear in the app until you are onboard.

Right, used to that, but right now there's literally nothing except paid Perfect Day activities on the Daily Planner in the app. I'm sure things will appear on Saturday, but this is unusual. It's not a big deal as this is a very low key cruise for us, but if you were coordinating a group and wanted to hit the ground running, it would be a limiter.

35 minutes ago, joshvc said:

Right, used to that, but right now there's literally nothing except paid Perfect Day activities on the Daily Planner in the app. I'm sure things will appear on Saturday, but this is unusual. It's not a big deal as this is a very low key cruise for us, but if you were coordinating a group and wanted to hit the ground running, it would be a limiter.

My cruise last week was just like that. The moment I connected to the ship's wifi all the shows and activities populated. I recommend you to book all the activities as soon as you get onboard because they run out of spaces quick.