Royal Up Newbie

Hi ya'll.

I just put in bids on the Royal Up bidding site for my upcoming cruise in May. After pressing accept, I panicked and canceled my bid for a junior suite. I need to know if I already have an ocean view balcony room and bid on a Jr. Suite could I possibly be moved into an interior balcony room? I definitely don't want that, so should I keep it canceled because you can't control where you will end up or it will automatically go with an exterior suite? I also bid on a spacious ocean balcony room as well and didn't cancel that being assured I'd stay exterior but now where I end up on the ship will be a gamble. Has this happened to anyone, not ending up where they wanted after winning a bid? 

Also a totally unrelated question..are there blowdryers in all the bathrooms on the Harmony of the Seas ship? 

Thanks for the help in advance!

-Autumn

Welcome!

If you bid on a junior suite and win your bid, you will get a junior suite. If you don't get it,  you will stay in your original room.

There are blow dryers in the rooms, however the are not very powerful, you cannot control the temperature, and you have to hold a button down to keep it on (instead of just pressing a button once and letting go while it runs).  I find this fairly exhausting with my old hands, so I bring my own small travel dryer.

1 hour ago, Autumn Martin said:

Hi ya'll.

I just put in bids on the Royal Up bidding site for my upcoming cruise in May. After pressing accept, I panicked and canceled my bid for a junior suite. I need to know if I already have an ocean view balcony room and bid on a Jr. Suite could I possibly be moved into an interior balcony room? I definitely don't want that, so should I keep it canceled because you can't control where you will end up or it will automatically go with an exterior suite? I also bid on a spacious ocean balcony room as well and didn't cancel that being assured I'd stay exterior but now where I end up on the ship will be a gamble. Has this happened to anyone, not ending up where they wanted after winning a bid? 

Also a totally unrelated question..are there blowdryers in all the bathrooms on the Harmony of the Seas ship? 

Thanks for the help in advance!

-Autumn

All Junior Suites have a balcony, you will not be given an interior cabin.
Check your ship to see the size of the spacious ocean view balcony.  You can do this  doing a mock booking on the same ship....if it says sold out then pick a different sail date for the same ship.  When you see the Balcony and select that look for Spacious Ocean View Balcony and compare the size of the cabin sq/ft to the size of the Ocean View Balcony.  There are ships where all you are getting for your "spacious ocean view" is a slightly larger balcony.  I had the opportunity to bid on that and when I understood the difference felt it was a waste of money.  You can also look at the locations of the cabins and decide if you can "live your cruise in that area".  Ex. I am currently booked in an interior on Anthem.  I have the opportunity to bid (very inexpensive) for a spacious ocean view cabin.....they are located all the way forward on Anthem of the Seas.  I stayed in them once and the amount of walking to get to/from the cabin was exhausting, and it was worse if you forgot something and had to go all the way back.  The interior I have is located fairly close to an elevator.  Despite how cheap it would be for me to bid on that spacious ocean view I feel it's not worth it.

If you win your bid and get your assignment  and do not care for the location you can try calling RC to see if they can move your cabin.  If that does not work you can approach Guest Services on embarkation day to try and change cabins.  Keep in mind they may not be able to accommodate you and bids are not refundable.

Hairdryer-is like a motel/hotel room.  The only difference is it is not in the bathroom, it is in a drawer near the sit down vanity.  There is no attachment to direct the airflow, you likely cannot fit a diffuser over it (and if you could it would probably burn out the motor) and it has 2 speeds low/high.

4 hours ago, Autumn Martin said:

if I already have an ocean view balcony room and bid on a Jr. Suite could I possibly be moved into an interior balcony room? 

If you win a RU for a JS you will get a JS.  There are no interior balcony rooms ( Central Park or Boardwalk) that are JS.  No worry there.

4 hours ago, Autumn Martin said:

you can't control where you will end up or it will automatically go with an exterior suite? 

It’s true that you cannot control where you end up but they will not Royal you Up to anything less than a JS if you win the JS RU. All JS have an ocean view balcony.  If your location is important to you I recommend you do not bid on a RU.  If all you’re worried about is having an ocean view balcony then you will be safe with a JS RU.

5 hours ago, Autumn Martin said:

I also bid on a spacious ocean balcony room as well and didn't cancel that being assured I'd stay exterior but now where I end up on the ship will be a gamble.

Since you are already in an OV balcony, I recommend NOT bidding on another OV balcony category.  I have read WAAAYTOOO many accounts of people who thought they would be getting an upgrade and ended up in a worse room than they already had and paid the RU fee for that privilege.  I would never bid on a different OV balcony room if I was already in an OV balcony room.

JS ?  Yes.  OV balcony, no.