My Time Dining reservations?

ckelgo

Hi all. I booked a cruise last week to sail on the 28th on Independence.  I chose My Time but was told by a friend to make reservations so I tried to do that today and the only options were between 8-9 each night. I have two small children and 8 pm dining likely won’t work well. 

Are we able to just arrive earlier, like 6? I’m not sure when the dining rooms open for MTD.

Appreciate any guidance as this is the first time cruising with our children.  Thank you. 

3 hours ago, SpeedNoodles said:

Check the app for hours of MTD on your sailing.  You will likely be able to make better reservation times once on the ship.

Looks like MyTime is 6:45-9.  Is it too late to change to traditional dining?  I don't want to commit to 5:30 each day but this puts us eating at 7ish every night and not sure my 5 year old can handle that.

11 hours ago, ckelgo said:

Hi all. I booked a cruise last week to sail on the 28th on Independence.  I chose My Time but was told by a friend to make reservations so I tried to do that today and the only options were between 8-9 each night. I have two small children and 8 pm dining likely won’t work well. 

Are we able to just arrive earlier, like 6? I’m not sure when the dining rooms open for MTD.

Appreciate any guidance as this is the first time cruising with our children.  Thank you. 

I am on Freedom first week of April and we have regular (Early) seating.  However my app only shows My Time dining (not sure why!!) and the hours begin at 6:45p.  Any chance you can try for Early Seating or was that not a choice when you booked?

17 hours ago, ckelgo said:

Yes with my time dining you can just show up. You may have to wait to be seated but you do not have to make reservations. 

On Independence in January, my booking listed a traditional dining time assigned; but once I was onboard, I noticed my SeaPass card said MTD dining.  Like those above, the only MTD options available (in the Royal app) were after 8:00 PM.  I went to the MDR and spoke to the maître d' at the podium, and they said it was no problem at all.  They changed my dining time, assigned me to a nice table, and that was it.  My SeaPass didn't get updated, but it wasn't a problem for the rest of the cruise.  Hopefully you can find the same/similar workaround from the MDR staff once you get onboard.

3 hours ago, EmptyNestTravels said:

On Independence in January, my booking listed a traditional dining time assigned; but once I was onboard, I noticed my SeaPass card said MTD dining.  Like those above, the only MTD options available (in the Royal app) were after 8:00 PM.  I went to the MDR and spoke to the maître d' at the podium, and they said it was no problem at all.  They changed my dining time, assigned me to a nice table, and that was it.  My SeaPass didn't get updated, but it wasn't a problem for the rest of the cruise.  Hopefully you can find the same/similar workaround from the MDR staff once you get onboard.

Thank you. Very helpful.