How is Air2Sea to deal with?

Fred321

I havent booked my flight yet to Rome for Oct and was wondering how Air2Sea is as far as what they benifits they offer,  cancelation( for various reasons, new covid, russia, ect) refunds and amount and any other issues. 

Any other better options VS booking myself?

They are good in that there are protections against delays etc. but there are significant limitations in booking flexibility - if you need to change anything (even upgrading to an exit row seat, which costs a little more money) you have to work through A2S and can't make changes on the airline's site.  Also it's best to understand your options ahead of time to make sure they don't route you home from Miami to Chicago via Seattle (real-life example).

The only problem is that for most types of bookings you have to call and you often get staticky connections making it hard to hear the agents who commonly aren't native English speakers.

My only post-booking experience has been when the airline made a significant schedule change and I had no issues calling up Air2Sea to readjust things.

I love air2sea, but you have to call. It's best to call early in the morning. 

As far as services,  they have a best price guarantee.  You don't have to pay until final payment date for your cruise. The flight can be repriced (by you), changed or canceled for no charge until you have paid in full.

The best part is the emergency assistance in case there's a problem during the flight.  They've saved me twice this year.

The downside is you have to call them as the website is very lacking.

Lately,  I've had issues with the itinerary changing, but I think that's the airlines rather than air2sea 

1 hour ago, Riley said:

Also it's best to understand your options ahead of time to make sure they don't route you home from Miami to Chicago via Seattle (real-life example).

I have a family friend who was so desperate to use her Alaska Air credit that she flew from Chicago to Kansas City via Seattle. Nice way to waste a day...and then another one on the way back! 

3 hours ago, Fred321 said:

I havent booked my flight yet to Rome for Oct and was wondering how Air2Sea is as far as what they benifits they offer,  cancelation( for various reasons, new covid, russia, ect) refunds and amount and any other issues. 

Any other better options VS booking myself?

My travel agent has booked our fall trip to Barcelona at a great price through Air2Sea, and we don't pay for the ticket until we pay off our cruise.  There has been an itinerary update as noted in another post, but it looks like an improvement in timing for us.  I always recommend using a travel agent and getting some type of trip insurance.