extending Diamond status to your kids in the same stateroom

Hello, first time on this blog! We travel a lot with our four kids (12, 16, 18,20) and they have been on most of the cruises that we have, minus one. After this summer's cruise, my husband and I will be Diamond members. We have a Christmas cruise planned and are wondering if our oldest sons who will not have the 80 points but who will be in the same staterooms as us get Diamond status for the duration of the cruise. It is my understanding that our daughters, who are under 18 should still get it. Thanks in advance for your feedback and hope to see you on one of our next cruises!

1 hour ago, Palm Tree Mike said:

Hi Momo!

Been through this with our much younger nephews who we took on 10 cruises now. Your younger daughters will have your status until they turn 18. After that their previous cruises would count in moving up in status. Your over 18 children's status would depend on their previous cruises. 

Once they turn 18 they keep their parents' status but revert to their actual accrued points. So a kid could theoretically be D+ with 10 points

It cannot hurt to call Crown and Anchor loyalty number to advocate for all your children to gain the same status once it happens.  When my wife and I hit Diamond Plus, my two youngest were given the same status as described above (under 18).  I called Crown and Anchor and was able to get my oldest the same status as the rest of us.  In fact, they told me that it was already done.  

Anyhow, never hurts to ask.