My wife's iPhone 7 evidently can't run the most recent RC update to the app.

My wife keeps getting an update message when she tries to run the Royal Caribbean app. When I've done the update, the App Store shows an "Open" button. However, when I press it the app says it must be updated to run. There's no way to make the app work. Her iPhone 7 has the latest software update, 15.3.1.

Any thoughts on this? We board on April 2nd.

Thanks,

Rob Reider

Taken from website, this could be the reason.

Here are all the new iOS 15 features that older iPhone 6s, iPhone 7, iPhone 8, and iPhone X won't get, for the lack of an at least A12 Bionic chipset:
  • Home, office, hotel, car keys, and remote keyless entry controls: basically all the new Wallet app features are off-limits for older iPhones.
  • Spatial audio during FaceTime: voices are spread out to sound like they’re coming from the direction in which they’re positioned on the call.
  • Portrait mode: portrait mode in FaceTime blurs your background and puts the focus on you.
  • Live Text and object recognition: interact with text and recognized objects or landmarks in live Camera previews, Photos, Screenshot, Quick Look, and Safari.
  • Fast on-device speech processing: faster Siri, offline Timers & Alarms, Phone, Messaging, Sharing, App Launch, Control Audio Playback, and Settings control.
  • Continuous on-device dictation.
  • Interactive globe: interactive 3D globe in Maps, with extra mountain ranges, deserts, forests, oceans, etc., details.
  • Immersive walking directions: step-by-step directions shown in augmented reality.
  • Detailed city experience in Maps: San Francisco, Los Angeles, New York, or London get high level of detail for roads, trees, buildings, or landmarks.
  • New animated backgrounds in the Weather app: reflecting the sun position, clouds, or precipitation.
  • Zoom in QuickTake video: swipe up or down while taking a QuickTake video to zoom in or out.