Quantum Noodle Shop

ChanaC

Anyone know what's up, or what's going to be up, with the noodle shop on Quantum of the Seas? It's on the RC website deck plans on deck 14. I just saw a video of Quantum from before the pandemic when it was still sailing around Singapore and Asia and it looks like it served a combination of complementary Western foods like chicken nuggets and hot dogs and specialty items like noodles and soup for a small upcharge. Right now on the RC app under deck plans it's instead called "Splashaway Cafe." When I google it, I get a RC website that describes it as a family-friendly restaurant specifically for kids and families hanging out by the kid's pool area, and the menu is once again a combination of Western and Asian dishes, but with more salad options. However, on both the RC website and app neither restaurant under their dining options, although it does say in one section that you can try "Chinese-inspired cuisine you can cook tabletop at The Hot Pot." So, there are like three different restaurant options kind of sort of listed! 

I just looked at the other Quantum class ships to see what they have in the place, and it's always something different. On Spectrum it's that Splashaway Cafe, on Anthem it's Johnny Rockets, on Ovation it's Fish and Ships, and on Odyssey it's El Loco Fresh.

So, anyone know what is actually currently on the Quantum? I wonder if they will change anything as it travels transpacific and if they make any changes to the ship to "Americanize" it. Personally, I'm totally up for noodles and soup, especially since we are doing an Alaska cruise and I can think of nothing better than a steaming bowl of soup after a wet and cold day. If they do convert it, I hope it's to El Loco Fresh, as I'm also always up for Tex-Mex. I tried doing some research but it doesn't look like Quantum is doing much of anything these days, just floating off the coast of Singapore without passengers so who knows what they are doing to it. I could be wrong, but it doesn't have any itineraries listed or for sale until it gets to Seattle in May. They are doing a transpacific sailing after the Alaska season, as it sails first to Hawaii then on a bunch of Australian itineraries. I'm wondering if they aren't doing a transpacific cruise to Alaska because they are taking the time to renovate as they are moving, maybe? Anyone have any insights or thoughts? 

Honestly despite me writing this whole post it really doesn't matter and I will probably end up being surprised when I go in May. But now I'm just plain curious!

On 3/5/2022 at 11:59 AM, ChanaC said:

Anyone know what's up, or what's going to be up, with the noodle shop on Quantum of the Seas? It's on the RC website deck plans on deck 14. I just saw a video of Quantum from before the pandemic when it was still sailing around Singapore and Asia and it looks like it served a combination of complementary Western foods like chicken nuggets and hot dogs and specialty items like noodles and soup for a small upcharge. Right now on the RC app under deck plans it's instead called "Splashaway Cafe." When I google it, I get a RC website that describes it as a family-friendly restaurant specifically for kids and families hanging out by the kid's pool area, and the menu is once again a combination of Western and Asian dishes, but with more salad options. However, on both the RC website and app neither restaurant under their dining options, although it does say in one section that you can try "Chinese-inspired cuisine you can cook tabletop at The Hot Pot." So, there are like three different restaurant options kind of sort of listed! 

I just looked at the other Quantum class ships to see what they have in the place, and it's always something different. On Spectrum it's that Splashaway Cafe, on Anthem it's Johnny Rockets, on Ovation it's Fish and Ships, and on Odyssey it's El Loco Fresh.

So, anyone know what is actually currently on the Quantum? I wonder if they will change anything as it travels transpacific and if they make any changes to the ship to "Americanize" it. Personally, I'm totally up for noodles and soup, especially since we are doing an Alaska cruise and I can think of nothing better than a steaming bowl of soup after a wet and cold day. If they do convert it, I hope it's to El Loco Fresh, as I'm also always up for Tex-Mex. I tried doing some research but it doesn't look like Quantum is doing much of anything these days, just floating off the coast of Singapore without passengers so who knows what they are doing to it. I could be wrong, but it doesn't have any itineraries listed or for sale until it gets to Seattle in May. They are doing a transpacific sailing after the Alaska season, as it sails first to Hawaii then on a bunch of Australian itineraries. I'm wondering if they aren't doing a transpacific cruise to Alaska because they are taking the time to renovate as they are moving, maybe? Anyone have any insights or thoughts? 

Honestly despite me writing this whole post it really doesn't matter and I will probably end up being surprised when I go in May. But now I'm just plain curious!

I know people who went on Quantum in Jan, Splashaway Cafe was open, with items like chicken tenders free (if I remember correctly) and some items on a surcharge. Edit: Just read the full post, Quantum is still sailing from Singapore, going aboard on in a few days myself

• 1 month later...

Just saw that the Royal app is slowly being updated for the Alaska sailings, and Splash Away Cafe is officially listed on the map and under the dining options. No menu yet so it will be interesting to see what they offer. I just hope it's more than chicken nuggets and hot dogs. Chicken nuggets are probably almost always available in the Windjammer, and there is a whole other snack bar that offers hotdogs (Dog House) so hopefully they come up with some other, more varied options. The picture included on the app has a bowl of noodles that look really yummy.

• 1 year later...

We sailed on the Quantum Of The Seas in March 2023 from Brisbane Australia to New Zealand for 13 nights and the noodle shop was 100% there in the corner on deck 14. All food comes at an extra cost and we ate there once and that was enough. Very, very poor. The worse part of many was when you order satay chicken skewers and the satay sauce is the consistency of water and tastes even worse. IMG_4442.thumb.JPG.504e11dd6332a7da3078d5feda60dd4e.JPG

For anyone headed out on Quantum for the Alaska 2023 season.  Haven’t tried it but is is still the noodle shop right now.  I know the Royal app is showing the Splashaway Cafe.

image.thumb.png.8176e26dff59efbfe84ed51b3a8bd7e2.png
But the website is showing the noodle shop on both versions of the deck plans.

https://www.royalcaribbean.com/cruise-ships/quantum-of-the-seas/deck-plans/2225/14

image.thumb.jpeg.c75bc8d902db3e964db3a1af41c1295a.jpeg

We were on the initial Ovation Alaska sailing and that area got “shuttered” for conversion over to Fish’n Ships, there is no indication that the area is about to be rehabbed.  It was operating yesterday and no construction walls so looks like it will be staying as noodle shop.

3 hours ago, ScooterScott22 said:

For anyone headed out on Quantum for the Alaska 2023 season.  Haven’t tried it but is is still the noodle shop right now.  I know the Royal app is showing the Splashaway Cafe.

image.thumb.png.8176e26dff59efbfe84ed51b3a8bd7e2.png
But the website is showing the noodle shop on both versions of the deck plans.

https://www.royalcaribbean.com/cruise-ships/quantum-of-the-seas/deck-plans/2225/14

image.thumb.jpeg.c75bc8d902db3e964db3a1af41c1295a.jpeg

We were on the initial Ovation Alaska sailing and that area got “shuttered” for conversion over to Fish’n Ships, there is no indication that the area is about to be rehabbed.  It was operating yesterday and no construction walls so looks like it will be staying as noodle shop.

Last year in Alaska they didn't change the name from Noodle Shop but offered Splashawsy items only, no noodles. 

On 5/1/2023 at 1:13 PM, twangster said:

Last year in Alaska they didn't change the name from Noodle Shop but offered Splashawsy items only, no noodles. 

Since we hadn’t been there yet, finally got a photo of the offerings.  Seems more towards the noodle shop at this time.  Really only the three items at the bottom are more Splashaway Cafe.

image.thumb.jpeg.46d441f4f2cf2eff3eb606edffbcccec.jpeg
Yes, it is called the cafe name on the board.

1 hour ago, ScooterScott22 said:

Since we hadn’t been there yet, finally got a photo of the offerings.  Seems more towards the noodle shop at this time.  Really only the three items at the bottom are more Splashaway Cafe.

image.thumb.jpeg.46d441f4f2cf2eff3eb606edffbcccec.jpeg
Yes, it is called the cafe name on the board.

Great to see they kept the menu this year  Last year on Quantum in Alaska it was this:

QN2205-10.thumb.jpg.5465ddfd421456b2847547c359a91a70.jpg