Disappointing excursions available for St Marteen in cruise planner

Leroyr55

Have a May 7th cruise on SOS finally. Kind of disappointed at the excursions listed in cruise planner. I get more choices looking at what’s available via the shipmate app. I was kind of hoping to book via cruise planner. We’re interested in the rum factory/lunch excursion listed there. 
Are the restrictions dropped that required you to book via Royal?

The Royal excursions are set up for maximum Covid protection because the non vaccinated kids are required to use them. As a result, there are less choices than pre covid.

I usually don't do Royal excursions in the Caribbean anyway, because you can get better excursions for less money.  I would go with shipmate, or just get a taxi and head to the rum factory.

Assuming that your travel party will all be vaxxed, you should be able to book excursions or tour as you wish. (I'm also assuming that you are not taking any unvaccinated children to Topper's Rhum 🍹)

We went with a third party option to visit Topper's Rhum Pre-Covid and it was a great value.

A tour bus took us to a drop off point just away from the port where another tour driver took us (and ONLY us) to Topper's for our rum tour and tasting. Afterwards, we were driven to Topper's Restaurant for a very good Caribbean style BBQ lunch followed by some beach time nearby.

FYI: Topper's Rhum and Topper's Restaurant have both moved into a single location in Cole Bay. We found the option we booked here: https://stmaartencruiseexcursions.com/

On 2/20/2022 at 12:02 PM, Leroyr55 said:

Kind of disappointed at the excursions listed in cruise planner

I was saying the same thing. They're all the same things in different places. I understand Covid is putting a chink in everything, but couldn't they offer some vaccinated only excursions that are somewhat exciting and interesting? I've been searching the web for weeks trying to find something fun to do while there. Hopefully we'll all find something fun to do while there.