Extra OBC if you use your FCC

Kayleigh

Hi all!

It feels good to be back "on" the blog since my husband and I have finally booked a cruise after 2 years of missing them! We are sailing on 4/1 on Indy for 3 days and cannot wait!

I saw Matt posted a blog that if you book a cruise this month and it sets sail between March and December of this year, you could get an extra $100 OBC. I called to see if this is true and they have no idea about this sale (even after quoting a sentence from the blog). I know Matt mentioned that it could take up to two weeks to show in your account too. This would be great if this is true. My husband and I would have $300 in OBCs ($100 from booking the fund and another $100 from playing MyVegas online).

Has anyone else heard anything more about this or have seen anything hit their account?

Also, it seems like most ships are still operating around 50% or less. With that being said, my husband and I are going to try RoyalUp for a Jr. Suite and we are wondering if anyone has bid the minimum amount and won? I started at $50 but he said go up to $100 for now. I'm wondering that since the ships seem to be operating at a lower capacity if we might have a  better chance to upgrade our room (we booked a spacious balcony cabin in the front of the ship).

• Kayleigh changed the title to Extra OBC if you use your FCC

The name of the promotion is the Future Cruise Credit (“FCC”) Kicker.

It's listed right here on Royal Caribbean's promotions page, so not sure why who you talked to didnt know about it: https://www.royalcaribbean.com/terms-and-conditions/promotions

Future Cruise Credit (“FCC”) Kicker applies to new bookings made between February 1 – 31, 2022 with a valid FCC applied during the booking window. FCC Kicker provides an onboard credit amount of $100 USD to spend at sea (“Onboard Credit or “OBC”), on the subsequent booking, per stateroom on sailings departing between March 1 – December 31, 2022, excluding China departures. OBCs will be added to up to two weeks after the FCC has been redeemed on all valid bookings determined by booking creation, FCC redemption and sailing dates. OBC is combinable with all rates and promotions.

25 minutes ago, Kayleigh said:

Thanks, Matt! I'll try calling again today to see what's up!

I did mention to the agent last night what the sale was called and still had no clue!

My advice is don't book with Royal Caribbean directly. Give MEI Travel a call and let them sort it all out for you