Suite concierge?

Pooch

When we sailed Majesty in 2018, we were allowed to go into the MDR & select our table for the week upon boarding.  We had MTD but basically the same time every night.  This was not allowed on Mariner in 2020.  We like a table by the windows.  Would this be a reasonable request to make of the suite concierge pre boarding?  37 days to go!!

2 hours ago, Pooch said:

When we sailed Majesty in 2018, we were allowed to go into the MDR & select our table for the week upon boarding.  We had MTD but basically the same time every night.  This was not allowed on Mariner in 2020.  We like a table by the windows.  Would this be a reasonable request to make of the suite concierge pre boarding?  37 days to go!!

I think that's fair, they are there to make your cruise more enjoyable and it doesn't seem like extravagant request.

It's a request you can certainly make but I think the MDR staff determine how to handle that.

On Odyssey this past fall, we went to the MDR day 1 and asked what area we were looking at and they told us they couldn't give us an area until the first dining. We did specify that we'd like a window and they tried to accommodate that but in some cases another party got there a bit earlier than normal or stayed later and we weren't able to get the window.

So yeah, I think you can asked the concierge to have that initial conversation up front but it may not stick.