Cruise with Confidence

This might sound dumb but I just need some clarification.

I just booked a cruise last week for May 2023. Thinking about it over the past week I'm not sure how the COVID situation will be and I'm looking to push my cruise till October 2023. I have only paid the deposit ($1060) and nothing else. The Cruise with Confidence states that if you booked before March 31 2022 and it sails before September 2022 you're eligible. Clearly we're not sailing before September 2022. So if I were to cancel do I just lose the $1060 deposit? I guess I'm just confused with the Cruise with Confidence wording. Thanks!

20 minutes ago, nuclearbubbles said:

So if I were to cancel do I just lose the $1060 deposit?

You would fall under the traditional cancellation policy.

If you cancel today and booked refundable deposit, you'd get 100% cash refund.

If you cancel today and booked non-refundable deposit, you'd be subject to a $100 per person change fee before getting a refund.

1 hour ago, KJones said:

@AshleyDillothat's what I figured, but didn't want to get to get my hopes up. Thanks!

Since you are so far out from final payment, I would almost say let it ride and make the decision when you are closer to final payment. May 2023 is a long time away in the cruising protocols world.