Just booked

Beanmama

9 hours ago, Beanmama said:

Our first port is Port Canaveral. Has anyone gone to the space center from the ship. We can take a shuttle at 1:30 PM. Is that enough time to see the highlights?

thanks

I did a RC tour to KSC while on Anthem of the Seas: https://www.royalcaribbeanblog.com/2017/04/10/excursion-focus-kennedy-space-center-your-own-tour

You will have time to see the major stuff (depending how busy everything is). 

9 hours ago, Beanmama said:

Our first port is Port Canaveral. Has anyone gone to the space center from the ship. We can take a shuttle at 1:30 PM. Is that enough time to see the highlights?

thanks

I've done several 7 night summer cruises in the past on Anthem where we stopped at Port Canaveral. I would for sure recommend the Space Center to everyone and you do have enough time to see nearly everything especially if there are not super busy.  

However if you are perhaps considering a trip to either Disney World or Universal Studios instead of the Space Center we did that as well on one cruise (Universal Studios) it was a complete waste of time and money because it takes over an hour to get from the port to Universal Studios if there is traffic and it takes 45 minutes to an hour to get back to the ship.  The travel time alone doesn't leave you enough time (in our case) to fully enjoy Universal Studios.  

I've always wished the ship would arrive in the morning giving people all day to enjoy Orlando instead of an afternoon arrival with a 9 pm or 10 pm departure, it just isn't enough time if you are traveling into Orlando.