Why are there no short cruises in Southern Europe?

Morganno

I've been searching all the major cruise lines for some weekend or midweek cruises but none of the lines seem to do it?

Seem like a missed opportunity to get younger people on board.

There are many times during April-June in Europe where there are Monday's or Friday's off  where people could go on a long weekend cruise. 

So far I have only found 1 on NCL but it leaves and arrives at different ports which means you miss out on good return flight packages.

The US  seems full of these shorter cruises why aren't there many/any in Europe? 

US market is made for short breaks. 

Its far easier to fill a ship to capacity in Florida or New York with guests who stay a 2 hour drive from port than it would be in Europe. 

I'm not saying ship wouldn't be at full capacity on a European sailing but for most guests its going to involve more than just 2 or 3 days.

MSC have some. Filter the duration on their website to show you cruises of 1 to 5 days and with the Med as the destination. I just had a look and they have a couple 5-days on Seaside in April. In typical MSC fashion you can board at any of the ports so the actual departure date depends on where you start the cruise.