Underage Guest Question?

deep1

I know its probably been asked and answered a bunch of times. I did a look and cant find though... We have our 18 y/o likely going skiing rather than join us for our March cruise. Our 17 y/o is on the fence. If he could bring his friend, he'd likely go. The friend has certified birth certificate but a New Jersey license that doesn't have that special star (NJ doesn't issue to minors). Would that be a deal breaker getting him on closed loop US departure/ return? What permission paperwork from his folks would we need to get and bring?

I'd prefer bringing him/ them to cancelling one cabin and two guests... 

I did a cruise with kids who were not my own.  They did not have ID as they were not all of driving age-they  all had passports.  From what iI can remember I had the parents do an authorization for me to act as the kid's medical person in the event of an injury that required a doctor/hospitalization and I had them give me a photo copy of their medical card.  The authorization, which I had created, based on documents I found online, specified the dates of travel and "any extensions related to the trip" or some such wording and I had the parents notarize it. Sorry I no longer have the document I created or I would share it.  I carried those documents with me and Royal never asked for them.  I  also had the letter for Royal -see GregD- that stated the kids were under my care.

The only thing I think you need to double check.....can that kid be assigned to a cabin with your kid with no adults in the cabin? I vaguely recall, and I can be very wrong, that we had to have 1 adult in each room.  We had multiple kids who were not ours, adjoining spacious OV rooms.  I had hubby on one reservation with my son and 2 unrelated  girls and myself on another with my daughter and unrelated 2 girls.  When we got onboard we got extra room keys so the girls could be in their own room.