Excursion Advice: Quantum late June

jake1004

Really excited to finally book a cruise that we might actually get to take! Quantum, Alaska, June 27th.

Anyone with experience at any of these ports? Looking for some good excursions for a new adventure for us (we haven't gotten off a ship in a long time haha!)

*Day 3- Icy Strait Point

*Day 4- Skagway

*Day 6- Dawes/Juneau

*Day 7- Victoria, Canada

Thank you in advance!

6 hours ago, jake1004 said:

Really excited to finally book a cruise that we might actually get to take! Quantum, Alaska, June 27th.

Anyone with experience at any of these ports? Looking for some good excursions for a new adventure for us (we haven't gotten off a ship in a long time haha!)

*Day 3- Icy Strait Point

*Day 4- Skagway

*Day 6- Dawes/Juneau

*Day 7- Victoria, Canada

Thank you in advance!

We have “Tracy Arm Fjord and Glacier Explorer” booked in Juneau for the June 10 sailing of Ovation.  It sounds cool, but we’ve never been to Alaska yet.

I've been to all three, but Icy Straight Point was so long ago, that my experience there would be useless.

On the others, all are highly walkable ports. 

I'd suggest the hop on hop off bus at Victoria.  You can book it in advance or just purchase the tickets at the pier.

For Skagway, the White Pass railroad is a must see. For my upcoming Alaska cruise, they are offering a train ride up the mountain and a bicycle ride down.  I'm really looking forward to it!

Juneau is also very walkable.  I've heard the Mendenhall Glacier is a must see, but I didn't last time I was there.  I will this summer. There's also an arial tram right off the pier that looks great.  Once again, you can purchase in advance or purchase there. I'd purchase there as there isn't much point if you have low lying clouds, which are common.