Traveling with 3,5 and 6 years old.

cooperstraits

Going on Adventure of the Seas in June 2017. There is 21 of us going but we have 3,5 and 6 years going. Going to Southern Caribbean for 7 nights. Does anyone have any excursions recommendations besides the beach? I can't seem to find any.

If you could provide there ports of call, that would be helpful as the Adventure doesn't go to the same ports every week.

Keep in mind, too, that Adventure Ocean will be open onboard the ship if you and the other adults want to take a more adventurous excursion.

Sorry I am new at this. The ports are, St. Maarten, St. Kitts and Nevis, Antigua, St. Lucia and Barbados.

There's no need to apologize.

For St. Maarten, the beaches are truly great.  I also enjoyed going going over to the French side and exploring, eating, and shopping in Marigot. Another popular thing to do hear is the beach just in front of the airport to watch the planes take off and land as they are extremely close to you when they do so.  Given the size of your group, you might try Bernard's Tours.  We had an excellent time with them and they were reasonably priced and provide a full tour of the island including the sights mentioned by me.  Many of us are also fond of a taxi driver, Leo Brown, but he could only accommodate a small portion of your group, maybe 6.

The wildlife reserve in Barbados is quite fascinating.  You'd want to try to aim for feeding time, which is at about 2 p.m.  You could explore there earlier, but this is a great time to visit.  I really enjoyed it as did my 6 old son at the time.

In St. Kitts, we did the Sugar Plantation Train.  It was fine.

I haven't been to the other two, so I can't offer any suggestions there.

Thank you for the information. I know the little ones want to go to the Butterfly Farm in St Maarten. I will look up and Wildlife reserve and Sugar plantation train. I read this weekend that the airline that fly over the beach is going to discontinue it. That was one thing the kids wanted to see. I hope they don't.

Thank you again.

Thank you for the information. I know the little ones want to go to the Butterfly Farm in St Maarten. I will look up and Wildlife reserve and Sugar plantation train. I read this weekend that the airline that fly over the beach is going to discontinue it. That was one thing the kids wanted to see. I hope they don't.

Thank you again.

There are many airlines that fly over there beach. The one that is discontinuing is there KLM 747. Trust me, there are plenty of other planes to see and the kids will still be thrilled.

We did the butterfly tour as well. It was nice. We asked Bernhard's Tours to do this during part of the beach break.

I'm leaving on Saturday on the Freedom and we're stopping in St Maarten and St Kitts. We're taking our twin 3 year olds with us so we booked some kid friendly excursions. Currently on St Maarten we've got the Tall Ship booked and on St Kitts we've got the Caribbean Railroad booked. Once we get back I'll post how they work kid wise if that helps.

Cooper, My wife and I have a 4 and 6 year old.  We learned from some of our first cruises not to over do it with excursions.  I want to do all the cool excursions and see ruins and climb waterfalls but especially during the summer months, the heat can be brutal and melt the kiddos.  I'm not sure where you are from.  We are from Florida but still it's tough sometimes, not sure how your family handles the heat and humidity but be careful there.  It might seem kind of lame but we've scaled back our excursions some until the kids get a bit older.  You have 6 ports in 7 days, it's not a crime to crusing if you skip one or two of those destinations or just go off the ship for an hour or two.  Port days in a Royal ship can mean empty pools, and the freedom to go places you might not go on a sea day.  If your kids take to the kids clubs that can also be a blast for them.  My son was slow to warm up in there but loved it by the end and didn't want to leave sometimes.  All that said my 6yo son is getting to the point where he's ready to get out and explore more but my 4yo daughter isn't so sure just yet.  Of your ports I've only been to St. Marten.  We did the butterfly excursion and that was nice, I think that's a good fun few hours.  We plan to go to see the airplanes the next time we go there.

Thank you ShakeDownCruise for your advise. We know the 3 and 5 year old will love just staying on the ship with the kids program. The six year old is a little shy and loves to be with her 5 year old sister. It will take awhile for her to get use to it. The humidity is no problem to us. We live by the Cheaspeake Bay in Maryland. I do plan to only take them in ports 2 or 3 times depending on what we find for them to do. Otherwise grandma(me) and grandpa will be watching them.