Jewel - British Isles Cruise August 19, 2022

whitsmom

16 hours ago, WAAAYTOOO said:

Yes, I got an email about the change of date for Cork and the addition of Belfast.  I think it came about 10 days ago.  I willlook and see if I can find it

I don't remember getting an email about the change.  It may have gone to my TA.  I am super excited with the addition of Belfast though.  Where are you guys staying when you arrive in Amsterdam?  We are staying at Movenpick Hotel Amsterdam City Centre (next door to cruise port).  Not sure how we are going to get there from the airport yet as I am still looking into our options.

3 minutes ago, whitsmom said:

I don't remember getting an email about the change.  It may have gone to my TA.  I am super excited with the addition of Belfast though.  Where are you guys staying when you arrive in Amsterdam?  We are staying at Movenpick Hotel Amsterdam City Centre (next door to cruise port).  Not sure how we are going to get there from the airport yet as I am still looking into our options.

We haven't made any airline or hotel reservations yet as I am 99.9% certain that they will not let us cruise if we're unvaccinated...and we're not getting the COVID injection EVER so we most likely won't be going.  We have this cruise booked followed by a couple of days off and then the Arctic Crossing on Voyager (Sept 4) out of Copenhagen THEN we were staying on for the first NE cruise out of Boston.  But we aren't making any arrangements for any of these cruises ahead of time.  I wish I were more optimistic, but I'm not.

1 hour ago, WAAAYTOOO said:

We haven't made any airline or hotel reservations yet as I am 99.9% certain that they will not let us cruise if we're unvaccinated...and we're not getting the COVID injection EVER so we most likely won't be going.  We have this cruise booked followed by a couple of days off and then the Arctic Crossing on Voyager (Sept 4) out of Copenhagen THEN we were staying on for the first NE cruise out of Boston.  But we aren't making any arrangements for any of these cruises ahead of time.  I wish I were more optimistic, but I'm not.

I have our flight booked and we have Delta One going over (a surprise for Hubby's 65th birthday).  It is killing me not to tell him but it will be worth it to see his reaction 😍.  I hope thing will ease up by then but I am not holding my breath on it though. We will be Diamond after this cruise so we better get to go!!!

6 hours ago, whitsmom said:

Train from airport is only 15mins to city centre and is not expensive. Lots of people use it even with just a 5 or 6hr layover at airport as its that easy to use. ( i researched for my trip that didnt happen lol ) 

17 hours ago, Ray said:

Train from airport is only 15mins to city centre and is not expensive. Lots of people use it even with just a 5 or 6hr layover at airport as its that easy to use. ( i researched for my trip that didnt happen lol ) 

I figured that would be the route we go as our hotel is right next door to the port and I think there is a tram that runs from the city centre to the hotel.  I just didn't know how much trouble it would be doing the train with luggage.  I will have to try to condense down our packing but it is a 12 nighter.  I may have been accused of over-packing on more than one occasion 😝.