Holiday Sailings: Kids Club

tonyfsu21

We are sailing over the Holidays and into New Years on Oasis and just wondering what the status of the kids program is going to be? When we sailed for Thanksgiving on Harmony the ship was at 75% capacity and the kids program was still reduced capacity which really put a damper on our plans. Reservations were required and you could only book 1 day at a time of I recall correctly. With a presumed ramp up, what’s going to happen when everyone wants to book the kids for New Year’s Eve? I really hope RC sorts this out because there will be a lot of angry parents with a full ship and nowhere to put the kids for a couple hours in the evening. 

I just travelled solo and stopped in to Adventure Ocean to ask this exact question for our next cruise when the kids will be joining. The response was that there isn’t a date where the plan will change for now. You’ll only be able to book one or two spots (depending on length of sailing). So you’ll need to prioritize which slots you’ll want. Another great piece of advice from previous cruisers who encountered this is to check back at Adventure Ocean around 730pm or 8pm. Lots of parents only put kids in for an hour or so and that frees up some walk in availability. Hopefully this helps. 

I don't see this changing drastically, particularly for unvaccinated kids. My assumption is it will still be at reduced capacity and the reservation system will be similar, as to make sure everyone gets a fair chance. 

I would also have to imagine they're going to begin having different rules for children who are vaccinated vs. those that aren't. Most smaller venues onboard are already only for vaccinated passengers. I wouldn't be surprised to see them go vax-only for AO too. If they did this, I suppose they could loosen the reservation policy.

12 hours ago, jeffmw said:

I don't see this changing drastically, particularly for unvaccinated kids. My assumption is it will still be at reduced capacity and the reservation system will be similar, as to make sure everyone gets a fair chance. 

I would also have to imagine they're going to begin having different rules for children who are vaccinated vs. those that aren't. Most smaller venues onboard are already only for vaccinated passengers. I wouldn't be surprised to see them go vax-only for AO too. If they did this, I suppose they could loosen the reservation policy.

I hope your are right. The kids love AO (so do we 🙂 ). We have 4 cruises in 2022 and our little ones will be fully vaccinated, so I hope they will have more opportunity to go.

On 12/9/2021 at 11:56 AM, jeffmw said:

I am really curious about this too as my 6 and 11 will be vaxed for our cruise over New Years so the protocols that make it low capacity wouldn't be needed for them.  So will they start to do vaxed timeslots that they can offer to more kids and the unvaxed that are lower capacity?  It would be smart over a holiday cruise to do that since there will be more kids and then they can service more kids.  Clearly the young age can't be vaccinated so that would just stay the same.

1 hour ago, IzzyB said:

I am really curious about this too as my 6 and 11 will be vaxed for our cruise over New Years so the protocols that make it low capacity wouldn't be needed for them.  So will they start to do vaxed timeslots that they can offer to more kids and the unvaxed that are lower capacity?  It would be smart over a holiday cruise to do that since there will be more kids and then they can service more kids.  Clearly the young age can't be vaccinated so that would just stay the same.

They didn’t do it this way for the Thanksgiving holiday so assuming it’s still going to be the same. 

3 hours ago, tonyfsu21 said:

They didn’t do it this way for the Thanksgiving holiday so assuming it’s still going to be the same. 

under 12 couldn't be vaxed for Thanksgiving.  This weekend is the first cruises leaving that could have possibly had fully vaxed 5 to 11 year olds on it.