Updated Pre-Cruise Testing Protocols for Children

3 minutes ago, ChrisK2793 said:

It apparently seems to depend on the person checking you in and on their mood that day as to whether they charge you or not at CVS’s in Orlando for travel testing if you’re truthful.  I’ve talked to friends who were charged there after being honest and friends who weren’t charged when being honest at CVS.  Across the board though, it seems like everyone who is honest at Walgreens and Centracare here is charged.  Centracare is who charged my spouse $175 in October for the testing after he told the truth about why he needed it.  It seems like it’s best to just say you’re being tested because somebody you were around tested positive if you don’t want another expense.

I can't speak to your friend, but my family has done many different tests at CVS around Orlando and never been charged.

The only option I select when I reserve a test is "Are you seeking a test to prevent possible spread of COVID-19 for future travel or recreation (according to CDC guidelines)?"

I enter my insurance info, but CVS says either insurance or Feds pick up the tab.

52 minutes ago, ChrisK2793 said:

It apparently seems to depend on the person checking you in and on their mood that day as to whether they charge you or not at CVS’s in Orlando for travel testing if you’re truthful.  I’ve talked to friends who were charged there after being honest and friends who weren’t charged when being honest at CVS.  Across the board though, it seems like everyone who is honest at Walgreens and Centracare here is charged.  Centracare is who charged my spouse $175 in October for the testing after he told the truth about why he needed it.  It seems like it’s best to just say you’re being tested because somebody you were around tested positive if you don’t want another expense.

CentraCare flat out said they wouldn't do testing for travel.  My guess is some do and charge you.  But CVS on their website when I went thru said I qualified for a free test.

4 hours ago, IzzyB said:

CentraCare flat out said they wouldn't do testing for travel.  My guess is some do and charge you.  But CVS on their website when I went thru said I qualified for a free test.

CentraCare, I would assume, is not a participating provider in the CARES act