Issues getting off ship in Vancouver?

melmar02

For the most part I think the Vancouver port has operated pretty much as stated or expected.  Medical diversions occur on cruises from time to time so they can always play a factor.

If flying international from YVR (Vancouver) there can be long lines in the international terminal for flights to the US.  In the past the first part of the process could only be bypassed for expedited service with a Nexus card.  Global Entry, if everyone in your party has Global Entry doesn't kick in until further in the process.  I'm fairly certain having Nexus and Global Entry saved me 45 minutes to an hour the last few times, but that was pre-pandemic. 

I would budget lots of time for the security, immigration & customs process when flying to the US from Vancouver.  Booking an early flight out of Vancouver will cause some stress and anxiety as there will likely be slow moving queues in the airport.

15 hours ago, melmar02 said:

We're looking at flights for our Alaska trip, and of course will be booking an afternoon departure. Are there any issues, such as fog season in Galveston, that we should consider for getting odd the ship at to the airport in Vancouver in June?

We’ve got a 1:45pm flight out of Vancouver. We booked through Air2Sea. I would assume Air2Sea would only offer flights that are doable. Other options ended up being late evening and I didn’t want to sit in an airport all day or have an overnight flight 

12 minutes ago, Jill said:

We’ve got a 1:45pm flight out of Vancouver. We booked through Air2Sea. I would assume Air2Sea would only offer flights that are doable. Other options ended up being late evening and I didn’t want to sit in an airport all day or have an overnight flight 

We booked a similar time. I don't mind being early pre-flight, but a red eye with two kids isn't happening for us either.