Pcr test

10 minutes ago, Heymarco said:

Standard was an antigen test onboard. Not sure if PCR can be requested as a special request?

The standard is what is required by the guest to return to his/her home country. PCR is required to return to Canada and is provided free to guests returning to Canada. As I mentioned, several threads describe this process in detail.

6 hours ago, Heymarco said:

Standard was an antigen test onboard. Not sure if PCR can be requested as a special request?

For B2B cruisers they typically use an antigen test, depending on the ship, but that doesn't make it the "standard".

There is no such thing as a "standard" test.  They will use whatever test is required for the situation which will vary.    

I recently required a second test when a country where I had to permanently leave the ship for a family emergency changed the rules on the morning I was getting off.  In addition to a PCR test within 72 hours they decided on the spot to require an antigen test within 3 hours of debarking.  This new requirement was introduced literally as I was waiting to walk off the ship, they had already cleared me from an immigration perspective. 

The ship didn't have rapid antigen tests to satisfy what was essentially less than a one hour window to produce a test letter.  They had ID NOW rapid NAAT/PCR tests that could produce results within an hour so that's what they used.  PCR is better than antigen so they used it to satisfy the antigen requirement that was the minimum requirement but not the absolute requirement.  

The ship used what fit my needs as long as it met or exceeded the requirement for that situation.