RCL or 3rd Party Tour for St. Thomas/St. Maarten

LindyLarge

I have never been to either St. Thomas or St. Maarten and I think taking tours of those islands would be the best excursions for me. I’m trying to figure out if I would be better off taking an RCL excursion or a tour through a 3rd party. Normally, I don’t hesitate to take a 3rd party excursion, but I am traveling solo on this sailing and have been told it might be best to stick with RCL.

Does anyone have any recommendations on this topic? Whether it’s for an RCL excursion or a 3rd party. I’m open to all advice and/or recommendations.

Thanks!

Pre Covid in St Maarten, we did the America’s Cup Regatta that we booked on our own cheaper than through the Cruise Planner.  About half of the people that were on our boat booked through Royal (and paid more).  

For our January cruise that goes to St Maarten, we’ve already reserved a spot on a non-Royal excursion. The company has already reached out to us to see which ship we’ll be on.   I think most “reputable” third party excursions are aware of the bad reputation they’d get if any of their guests missed their all aboard time. 

Best Caribbean tour we have done is Captain Bob - a speedboat snorkeling tour around the whole island. Doing it again in January. Souliga Destinations. I have never been close to missing the boat on a non-Royal excursion. As Teddy mentioned, they know the price of the bad press so they won't risk it.

Edited by Eggbert
added