Non-beverage package drink questions

lb0336

My first no-beverage-package cruise is coming up soon and, of course, I have questions...

I know I can bring 2 regular-size bottles of wine per stateroom. Do I need to do anything special during embarkation (i.e., something similar to pulling food out of your bag at airport security)?

Also, I read the post a few weeks back about C&A discounts, specifically the buy one get one free on beer and wine. Does anyone know if there are any limitations on this (time of day, certain bars, etc.)? And how, specifically, does it work--do you purchase, say, a glass of wine, and then the next one you order you aren't charged for? Does it have to be the same exact drink? 

And finally, any tips for cruising without a drink package (for someone who is C&A but doesn't yet have free drinks)?

Nothing special needed for the two bottles of wine you're bringing on except that you should make sure to carry them on - don't put them in your checked bag.  These are RCCLs rules, but also, will probably help reduce having a new wardrobe of red clothing.

Keep in mind that if you're traveling with friends who perhaps don't drink, or have drink packages, you could always ask them to be your mules, err, helpers, and bring on bottles they might not have chosen to bring on otherwise.

In terms of the C&A 2-for-1 drink coupons, if I recall they don't apply each time - there are only a certain number (one or two I think) per member.  Someone can probably chime in and add clarification there, though.

Also, I read the post a few weeks back about C&A discounts, specifically the buy one get one free on beer and wine. Does anyone know if there are any limitations on this (time of day, certain bars, etc.)? And how, specifically, does it work--do you purchase, say, a glass of wine, and then the next one you order you aren't charged for? Does it have to be the same exact drink? 

No, it doesn't have to be the exact same drink, although it's possible that it's good for beer/beer or wine/wine pairings; I don't know whether you could use it for one beer and one glass of wine.

There are no restrictions as to when or where you can use the coupon. Each Crown & Anchor member has one of these coupons on their SeaPass card. You do need to tell the bartender that you want to use the coupon when you order as it needs to be rung up using the coupon.

You can use it for two drinks for yourself, if you want. I've used mine in the past, letting the bartender know that I was using the 2-for-1 coupon, but I wanted to save my second glass of wine until after I had finished the first. There was no problem doing that.

My wife and I ordered a glass of wine each at dinner one night, so I gave our waiter my seapass card. He came back and said it rang up BOGO, hooray for us. So later during dinner that night we each ordered another glass, this time giving our waiter my wife's card, BOGO again. Double hooray! Even us lowly Gold C&A members get some fun deals.