Adventure Ocean on Adventure of the Seas

Matt addressed AO in one of his recent blog posts.  There were limited paper handouts on the ship so there may not have been an activities sheet.

I am wondering what the kids club is like now?

DSC_0156_2.jpg?itok=y6fDs8yN

Adventure Ocean is open, but with limited capacity.

The biggest changes are you register via an iPad instead of paper, and there are limited hours available initially.

Very similar to how Royal Caribbean's nursery works, the staff provide an allotment of hours to register for on the first day to ensure everyone has a fair chance at booking time.

On the first sailing, they gave everyone 15 hours to book, but that dropped to 12 hours for this sailing.

You can book up to the 12 hour limit initially, and then by day 3 or so, they open bookings without a limit.

10 hours ago, smokeybandit said:

I sure hope by my July 24 sailing there's no limit.

With bans on taking kids off the ship in port (except for generally unappealing RC excursions) limiting their AO time really puts a strain on the vacation for families.

I wouldn't count on it, especially after the incident last week.  If anything, I think they will be extra vigilant in enforcing social distancing amoung the non vaccinated (kids).

They will be able to get off in Coco Cay.  Freeport is mostly a waste anyway so I would either go on one of the RC excursions, or just stay on the ship and use the pool.  Cozumel is the only port where I think the excursion restrictions is really an issue.

There's no sheets and no theme nights (at the moment).

The biggest difference is limited capacity, so you have to sign up for times.

On the first sailing of Adventure, they never ran out of slots.  But the second sailing was super busy and there were a couple nights where our kids had to go late because there were no times.

On 6/27/2021 at 10:06 AM, smokeybandit said:

I sure hope by my July 24 sailing there's no limit.

With bans on taking kids off the ship in port (except for generally unappealing RC excursions) limiting their AO time really puts a strain on the vacation for families.

Agreed! We are on the 7/24 sailing too and my kids really enjoy some of their activities! 

4 hours ago, Matt said:

There's no sheets and no theme nights (at the moment).

The biggest difference is limited capacity, so you have to sign up for times.

On the first sailing of Adventure, they never ran out of slots.  But the second sailing was super busy and there were a couple nights where our kids had to go late because there were no times.

Thanks Matt. Just curious when you book your initial 12 hours do you have to determine right then and there exact time slots? If so that why I'm wondering what's going on when. Cant wait for your LIVE tonight! ?

17 hours ago, ZCruisers said:

Just curious when you book your initial 12 hours do you have to determine right then and there exact time slots?

You don't have to book all 12 hours at once. You could hold back, but the issue is others may book up availability.