Cabanas in Labadee - price?

cjappert

There could be a few things going on here.

One is that prices range a lot because the cost of beach cabanas vs over the water cabanas is very different.  I'm not positive, but there may be a difference between Barefoot Beach and Nellie's Beach cabana prices as well (someone will correct me if I'm wrong, I'm sure).

Another possibility (though this would be more likely if you were seeing $660), is that you tried to book it for two.  The booking system is flawed in that a cabana accommodates up to six people, but when you select it, you should just say it's for one, or it multiplies the price.  This isn't being disingenuous in any way - the cost is for up to six - it's just the way the site works.

They are both Nellie's beach cabanas, and both over the water... I added it to my cart and selected only 1 person, but the total still came to 650$.. maybe i'll have to call and ask. it doesnt sound right at all

Yeah, in that place it's probably a glitch in the matrix.  RCCLs website has become a bit more pretty and friendly over the last year, but it's still a bit buggy sometimes.

$500 for a cabana.  On my next visit to Labadee, we are there form 8am to 4pm, so that is 8 hours (although you are more likely to get 6 hours or so of actual time).

Cabanas can accommodate up to 6 guests, but for easy math I will use 4 people.

$500 / 6 hours  / 4 people = $20.83 per hour.  

The zip line is $95 per person for 1 hour, 15 mins.

Parasailing in Labadee is $85.75 per person for 1 hour

Jet ski in Labadee is $95.75 per person for 1 hour

Labadee sport fishing is $239 per person for 3 hours ($79.66 per hour).

Suddenly that Cabana is not that expensive!

$500 for a cabana.  On my next visit to Labadee, we are there form 8am to 4pm, so that is 8 hours (although you are more likely to get 6 hours or so of actual time).

Cabanas can accommodate up to 6 guests, but for easy math I will use 4 people.

$500 / 6 hours  / 4 people = $20.83 per hour.  

The zip line is $95 per person for 1 hour, 15 mins.

Parasailing in Labadee is $85.75 per person for 1 hour

Jet ski in Labadee is $95.75 per person for 1 hour

Labadee sport fishing is $239 per person for 3 hours ($79.66 per hour).

Suddenly that Cabana is not that expensive!

Seriously . . . you're applying logic to this problem! ;)

Obviously, it comes down to perceived value.  It's the same reason why some people love the all-inclusive beach clubs while others can't understand why you would spend a dime when the beaches can be accessed for free.  However, from everyone I've talked to who has rented a cabana, they all agree that they'd do it again, even if they had to pay more.

Hi! Cabana newbie here! Are the Cabanas cheaper for suite guests? That is what I initially thought when I saw price discrepancies between Barefoot Beach and Nellie's....  I am looking for a HA cabana at Nellie's Beach since there are no specific HA cabanas at Barefoot Beach. So far I do not see any availability on my Cruise Planner, but I am still a year out. What do you think? Cheaper for suite guests?

Sorry but suites guests do not receive any kind of discount whether they rent Barefoot or Nellies cabanas.

As far as I am aware, the prices for both locations are the same and vary by the type of cabana you choose.

We got an over-the-water cabana at Barefoot and it was $495. I think that's the same price for the OTW cabanas at Nellies, although I have never rented at Nellies so can't swear that to be the truth.

You mentioned that you wanted a cabana at Nellies...so those should be available online through the excursions page. The Barefoot cabanas will be offered to you when the Conciege contacts you a week or so prior to your sail date.