FCC Question

I booked my Symphony cruise for a party of four

Me, Wife, Step Daughter #1, 13 years old, Step Daughter # 2, 20 years old

Of course the wife and I paid for all passengers on this cruise.

Reading Royal's FCC rules, my understanding is that each person of my party will be issued individual FCC if I chose 125% FCC

However, step daughter #2 will be studying abroad starting in the Fall. 

From what I read, each person in cabin must chose same option, either refund or 125% FCC. Is this true, can i not chose refund for step daughter #2 and FCC for the rest of us?

Lastly, is it still the case that FCCs are not transferrable unless over 70 or under 12?

I dont understand that if I paid for whole party then why are refunds/FCC treated separately?

34 minutes ago, UNCFanatik said:

I booked my Symphony cruise for a party of four

Me, Wife, Step Daughter #1, 13 years old, Step Daughter # 2, 20 years old

Of course the wife and I paid for all passengers on this cruise.

Reading Royal's FCC rules, my understanding is that each person of my party will be issued individual FCC if I chose 125% FCC

However, step daughter #2 will be studying abroad starting in the Fall. 

From what I read, each person in cabin must chose same option, either refund or 125% FCC. Is this true, can i not chose refund for step daughter #2 and FCC for the rest of us?

Lastly, is it still the case that FCCs are not transferrable unless over 70 or under 12?

I dont understand that if I paid for whole party then why are refunds/FCC treated separately?

Your understanding is spot on, and I agree, there should be more flexibility in the issuance of FCC than there is. I went around and around with them on a VERY similar situation as yours and repeatedly hit a brick wall 

Rather than issue me a FCC for the entire cabin amount in my name, they lost ALL the money because I took the refund. 

Their loss 

Over the last year, Royal has made FCCs easier to use including combining and transferring them.  You will have to call and ask and not every customer service rep will know how to help but there's plenty of threads with people reporting success with similar situations.

As for treating each traveler separately, I'd say it is similar to how you can pay for multiple people but you don't individually earn all the loyalty points.  Those go to each traveler based on days of sailing and what class of room they are in regardless of who pays (potentially even someone that isn't taking the trip).  Pre-Covid, FCCs were pretty rare and it didn't matter so much that the rules were difficult.  Now that MANY customers have FCCs to use, they've had to adjust.