Lift and Shift terms changed to include same embarkation port

Have the terms of the L&S changed for the cancelled June sailings? I see that it now specifies same embarkation port as well, which I do not recall seeing previously. In anticipation of June's cancellation I have been looking at options to L&S our June '21 Oasis sailing to a '22 sailing on either Oasis or Symphony. My understanding is this would have been possible under the previous L&S terms. It seems Symphony is no longer an option because the embarkation port is different.

Here is what I received:

• If you prefer to move your existing booking to a sailing in 2022 - we’re happy to move you! We will price protect the original pricing and/or promotion on a sailing that has the same embarkation port, sailing length, product, and stateroom category as your original sailing within 2 weeks (before or after) of the original sail date the following year. 

However it never hurts to ask.  

The original L&S programme ended some time ago.

Since then, with each new round of cancellations, Royal have been offering specific - and generally more restrictive - L&S options. For example, for the Quantum Alaska cancellations everything had to be the same with the only leeway being a week either side, whereas people cancelled from Odyssey's inaugural season were given a much wider choice, which could be any sailing at all on sale at the time of the cancellations that was the same length or one day shorter or longer than their original sailing.

It's always worth phoning and asking, the worst they can do is say no.

3 hours ago, FionaMG said:

The original L&S programme ended some time ago.

Since then, with each new round of cancellations, Royal have been offering specific - and generally more restrictive - L&S options. For example, for the Quantum Alaska cancellations everything had to be the same with the only leeway being a week either side, whereas people cancelled from Odyssey's inaugural season were given a much wider choice, which could be any sailing at all on sale at the time of the cancellations that was the same length or one day shorter or longer than their original sailing.

It's always worth phoning and asking, the worst they can do is say no.

I think odyssey was different because it was European sailings. Much harder to commit to Europe 2 years n a row. One week before or after original sail date was required though