Repositioning

After the Periscope broadcast yesterday, I looked at airfare to Sydney from Dallas and Atlanta and wow, are the fares good right now! They are only about $200 ish more than one-ways to Europe in the spring.

I then looked at the RCL website and searched repositioning, and filtered it by "Repositioning" and "Asia & Pacific" and nothing came up.

Is this better posed to a TA? I want to see if there is anything out of Sydney or Brisbane that repositions to the Seattle or Vancouver at any time.

We did San Diego (actually out of a port in Mexico just south of the border) on the Carnival Spirit a few years ago.  Great cruise.  Inexpensive.  Cheap upgrades.  12 nights (first 5 at sea).  The ship was repositioning from the Caribbean to Alaska in April.  The next cruise was 12 night Hawaii to Vancouver.  We chose the Southern Cruise for the warmer weather the first few days vs the cooler weather the last 2 or 3 days of the Vancouver Cruise.

It was awesome, but I will say, since they don't do it every week, there were a few problems and mistakes.  For instance, we had to check-in at the San Diego Carnival Pier and then bus across the border to the ship.  One bus, thankfully not ours, picked up a load of passengers at San Diego International.  The driver misunderstood the directions and showed up with a bus load of passengers at the ship.  They had to recross the border two more times to go back to San Diego and then back to the ship to get everyone correctly signed in.  I heard they gave each a $50 on board credit.  Should have been a lot more.  It took about 1.5 hours each time they crossed.

But it was an awesome trip.  We got a an upgrade to a suite for like $200.

I searched by ship and got this...I should have looked for trans-Pacific instead of repositioning.

April 22 -- Explorer does a 22 night trans-Pacific to Seattle with the price starting at $1,634.00

April 17 -- Radiance does a 16 night trans-Pacific to Honolulu with the price starting at $1,839.50 followed by a 10 night Hawaii cruise going on to Vancouver for another $1,477 for an inside stateroom.

Who wouldn't like 26 nights on the Radiance? It looks more like Explorer would be more realistic since it has two stops in Hawaii. I assume these are the only two RC ships that re-position from Australia to North America for Alaska cruises.