Transatlantic cruise 2021

Linda R

Welcome to the message boards!

Bottom line - No one knows anything definitively.  

The CDC order fully applies as the ship embarks US passengers at a US port.  The amount of time in US water has no bearing.  To sail the CDC will have to lift the conditional sail order.  That much is known.  

From there comes opinions.  My opinion would include preparing for a real possibility it will cancel.  I could be wrong but by preparing for this possibility it may soften the blow should it work out this way.

Our April 2020 TransAtlantic was canceled and moved to April 2021.  I'm  just now finishing up the undoing of the plans we had for 2020.  I didn't even start making plans for our April 2021 TransAtlantic so there's nothing to undo.  The 2021 cruise had a stop in Canada and that seems unlikely.  The final destination was the UK and currently that seems downright dismal. 

We will try again April 2022 on Allure.  The only stops besides Nassau are in Spain.  I'm somewhat more optimistic for 2022 and hopefully most people will be vaccinated by then.