RCI Just e-mailed me a new receipt for my cruise

PaulRC

The new receipt  is the same as the old one with one differanc.  Te new one has a new $100 OBC!  I do not know why it is there and I do not want to lose it, Happy birthday to me..  Any one else get a early Christmas gift for RCI?  I am curious as to why but I am fearful to call them up and ask they might say ooopppss and take it away.. lol

7 minutes ago, PaulRC said:

The new receipt  is the same as the old one with one differanc.  Te new one has a new $100 OBC!  I do not know why it is there and I do not want to lose it, Happy birthday to me..  Any one else get a early Christmas gift for RCI?  I am curious as to why but I am fearful to call them up and ask they might say ooopppss and take it away.. lol

Yippee and congratulations !  

About a month ago I had some mysterious $100 OBCs appear on a couple of my future bookings. I have never figured out where they came from.  I went ahead and used them figuring the worst that could happen would be that they would be revoked and I would be back where I started.  To my great surprise, not only were they not revoked, but when there was a subsequent price drop on the items that I had purchased in the CP and I cancelled to rebuy at the lower price, the mystery OBC remained and I was able to reuse it on the lower price !

There were 3 such mystery OBCs and so far, all 3 of them are still applied.  No idea about where they came from.

My advice - use it while you can !

One possible answer:

when a shareholder OBC is applied to a booked cruise, they issue a new invoice that shows the additional OBC below the financials. $100 is given for cruises >5 and <14 days. 

If you're not a shareholder, enjoy your gift  ? and good advice to not bring it up.

23 minutes ago, PaulRC said:

Makes sense, the only problem is that I have already paid for everything.  I have no more excursions to buy.  Hoping it will last till I get on the ship and my wife can spend it

Thanks for the reply 

Hmmm...  well, as I said, in my case, the OBC was still there when I cancelled my purchases and repurchased.  Maybe wait until the “sale” price comes back and try cancelling and rebooking, using the OBC.  It worked for me !

32 minutes ago, At 5920 said:

when a shareholder OBC is applied to a booked cruise, they issue a new invoice that shows the additional OBC below the financials. $100 is given for cruises >5 and <14 days. 

If you're not a shareholder, enjoy your gift  ? and good advice to not bring it up.

I am a shareholder but they do not know that yet.  I Just bought my 10th share Monday.  I have not sent them my brokerage statement yet.  The timing is offal coincidental but I do not see how it could be that, unless xxxx-trade some how told them, but doubt it