Upgrading From Free Soda Package

Hi,

We are staying in a Boardwalk View Balcony room on the Allure of the Seas. I see included with that they offer a free meal at Johnny Rockets, free rock climbing session for the family, and a free soda package. If we plan on purchasing a premium drink package do we get a lessor price for already getting the drink soda package free or will it be the same price?

Also, will the free lunch and soda package already be loaded onto our sea pass?

Thanks,

Kim

I called and asked a while ago, that package is not up gradable so I would say same price.   At least thats what they told me.  If you hear different post up...  They said the cups will be in the stateroom and yes, the lunch will be on the sea pass..

I called and asked a while ago, that package is not up gradable so I would say same price. 

Not surprised to hear that. Since the package you are trying to upgrade from is free, there is no value to use to upgrade from it.  Or so says RC.

Like many issues, I'd expect this to be something where if you ask multiple people at RCCL you'll get multiple answers.  What I would certainly expect is that upgrading it ahead of time will be challenging.  That in mind, once on-board, you may have better luck...or maybe not.  

I can tell you that I've upgraded promotional/free beverage packages once on-board on Celebrity (which is also a Royal Caribbean brand) without any issue at all.