Best deal now or to wait for March 2017?

Hi all,

New to this board. I have cruised once before, last September on Legend of the Seas to Thailand, Cambodia & Vietnam.

Looking at going on another cruise, March 2017 next year. I know the current deal is 30% off, question is being that it is still 9 months away is this best time to book or should I wait for a better deal?

It will be husband and I, my 5 year old son and then also I have a baby due end of August which is why we have to wait till March so he will be 6 months old.

Total quoted by travel agent for a South Pacific cruise from Australia for 10 nights on Explorer of Seas is $4,552 (Aus dollars).

Any help would be much appreciated, thank you!

Absolutely deposit now.

Might the price go down?  Sure, it might.  It's more likely the go up.  If you lock in a price now and the price drops before final payment, you'll have no problem getting the difference.  If it goes down after final payment your mileage may vary, though if you're lucky, and working with a good agent, you might get something.

Again though, deposit now, lock in the price, and you and your agent can watch for drops.

You can book now and then if price goes down cancel and book again. But you should also check the cruise yourself without the agent involved and also check on the US site to see the price difference if any. The more information you have the better choices you can make. This year many cruises are offered with AU on several ships so shop and look around at all the royal choices.

My cruise for this december went down a couple months ago.  I called RC and they adjusted the price. They said as long as the final payment hasn't been made they can make the change.  So, I'm holding off my final payment until september or october...

Time out, I notice the question is coming in regards to an Asia/Australia market cruise.

I know under US booking rules that the deposit is fully refundable and that repricing up to cancellation date is no big deal, also know that in other markets that is not always true.

I do not know off the top of my head what the terms and conditions would be for this cruise, but worth checking on cancellation/rebooking policy before committing.